Post a reply

Re: Ruhr Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 3) !!!

Postby kolompar

Vallomas wrote:McLeod is through the final (4-1).

A piece of history, I think, as it is the first time a black player plays in a final of an event carrying ranking points?

What about the 1985 world champ? :-D

Postby hendry_fan

kolompar wrote:
Vallomas wrote:McLeod is through the final (4-1).

A piece of history, I think, as it is the first time a black player plays in a final of an event carrying ranking points?

What about the 1985 world champ? :-D

<laugh>

There,s also a songwriter/singer who,s called Rory McLeod,......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_McLe ... gwriter%29

:-)

Postby Andre147

Hope McLeod wins this now, but I think it will be a cagey final, with lost of misses and tension, not to mention both aren't fast players.

Even for a PTC event nobody could have predicted a Final like this, because almost always in the Final there's one ranking event winner.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:It's be hella funny if McLeod won this?

It,d be hella funny if you were to drink a pint of milk instead of your usual beer for a change. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Despite being very slow at times, McLeod has always been an attacking player, goes for his shots.

I have to say,i have,nt watched much of him over the years,but in this final he,s been very attacking.

Postby PoolBoy

What a win this could be for Rory! After all those years as a pro - it would be wonderful for him to win a tournament with ranking points. And yet another shot-in-the-arm for the 'old guard' (A lot of folk don't realise he's 44)!

Postby hendry_fan

Congratulations Rory!. :clap:

Thoroughly deserved to win.So pleased for him.

This is the first tournament that he,s won,after a 24-year career so far.

It,s been one hell of a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait,but a wait well worth it.

:win:

Postby Wildey

it is ridiculous that so many players of a certain age is thriving under Barry Hearn regime and i mean the Current World Champion in this.

there was a school of thought that they would start falling away and Vanish.

My personal opinion is the standards today is falling down a notch or 2 and its allowing these players to thrive and gain in confidence.

Look at Mark Williams in this event he played Brilliant Snooker to beat Selby and load of crap against Dunn Standards mean to keep it going consistently over many rounds and many tournaments and nobody is getting close to doing that which is very disappointing standard wise.

Postby vodkadiet

Rory is a credit to the game. He commits himself to every event and although her is pedestrian he should be admired for his dedication. Although, I would not extend the same sentiment to Barry Pinches.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Rory is a credit to the game. He commits himself to every event and although her is pedestrian he should be admired for his dedication. Although, I would not extend the same sentiment to Barry Pinches.

Long time no see Vodka. <ok>

Yes Rory truly deserves this, although I don't like his playing style, he deserves this PTC title for being the better player for these last 3 days.

And Wild is spot on, we have all discussed this before, these "old guard" players are thriving under Hearn's regime. Before him these sort of players with only 6 or 7 tournaments per season would have never been able to win one of them.

McLeod :hatoff:

Postby Vallomas

Congrats to Rory, I like him very much and he deserved a trophy after so many years of trying.

Have you realised what we have witnessed the last few months. Three first time ranking event winners (Michael White, Joe Perry, Kyren Wilson), a first time world champion at the age of 39 (Stuart Bingham), Ali Carter winning a trophy after battling succesfully with cancer and now the only black player of the tour winning his first title carrying ranking points after 24 years as a professional.

Who knows what's going on next...

Postby Dan-cat

I would like to take full credit for Rory's win. After he played Ronnie in the UK last year, I tweeted him to say that I thought he had a really good attacking game and to 'kick on Rory'. Also I was pretty appalled by some of the anti-muslim bullsh*t that was being directed at him.

He's only gone and won one now hasn't he! It was all me! Meeeeeeee! :)

Postby Wildey

honest to god buck knows how good for the sport that a never was or never ever going to be has won event at 44 is?

Good luck to him but if i was Selby, Robbo, Williams, Bingham, Murphy, Allen etc etc id be asking the question do i deserve to be classed the best of the best? id say NO WAY.

its about time thoes players gets off their fat baboons shiny behinds and start to play like World Beaters instead of Also Rans.