Post a reply

Re: Snooker Seniors Order Of Play

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:Televised?

Yes, BBC1, Eurosport, Quest and HBO

BBC? Wow this event has come.on. thanks Dan.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:Televised?

Yes, BBC1, Eurosport, Quest and HBO

BBC? Wow this event has come.on. thanks Dan.

Though Dan is slightly trolling, I think he has alighted on the truth by mistake.

It is televised on the BBC, but on the Red Button. (And other digital platforms.)

Postby badtemperedcyril

Due respects to the "unknown" seniors but they don't add any commercial interest to the tournament and without that the Seniors events can't go ahead. There could be a qualifying criteria, say only former top 48 professionals. It would also give a better chance for the older seniors (Taylor, Thorburn) to realistically compete.

How many frames are the matches and are they using the dreaded Shot Clock, does anyone know?

Postby Ck147

badtemperedcyril wrote:Due respects to the "unknown" seniors but they don't add any commercial interest to the tournament and without that the Seniors events can't go ahead. There could be a qualifying criteria, say only former top 48 professionals. It would also give a better chance for the older seniors (Taylor, Thorburn) to realistically compete.

How many frames are the matches and are they using the dreaded Shot Clock, does anyone know?

I remember they used a shot clock in the past for the seniors, don't think it was used in last years seniors final, I might be wrong though. Last year it was best of 5 up until the final that was best of 9.
Edit: at one point they considered showing heart rate data of the players as they were playing, that never happened though.