Post a reply

First Eight tournaments to be held in Milton Keynes

Postby SnookerFan

WST can now announce that all of the first eight fixtures on the 2020/21 calendar will be held at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.

We are delighted to continue working with the staff at the Marshall Arena, who were a tremendous help staging last season’s Championship League and Tour Championship under trying circumstances, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Every endeavour has been taken to minimise the risk of tournaments being postponed over the coming months. Having already successfully held tournaments at the Marshall Arena, we have demonstrated the ability to proceed in a safe manner under lockdown conditions.

We clearly hope that there will be no need to return to lockdown, at local or national level, but holding these events in Milton Keynes gives us the best possible chance to ensure they are delivered to our broadcasters and partners, as well players and fans.

The third leg of this season’s Championship League will now take place from October 26th to 30th. It was originally scheduled to be played from October 23rd to 27th. The BetVictor Shoot Out will now be held in February, with precise dates to be confirmed in due course.

https://wst.tv/milton-keynes-to-host-se ... ng-events/

Re: First Eight tournaments to be held in Milton Keynes

Postby SnookerFan

I've got tickets for the Champion Of Champions in November. Which is held in, you guessed it, Milton Keynes. Including a good deal on the hotel.

I wonder if I'll be attending. Will they let fans in?

Luckily the hotel is free cancellation up until about three days before the my stay.

Re: First Eight tournaments to be held in Milton Keynes

Postby SnookerFan

I have tickets to the Champion Of Champions in -you guessed it- Milton Keynes.

Not looking good for going, is it? I haven't got the train tickets yet, and I can cancel my hotel 3 days in advance without incurring any payments.

For once the tickets were efficient, and I already have them though. So may need to get a refund on them if they don't happen.

Re: All 8 events to be played in Milton Keynes

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:also anyone know why WST has a fetish with Milton Keynes?

From what I remember from the CL it has a hotel at the venue, so no need to bus players to and fro. Makes it easier to isolate should stronger restrictions come back into play.

I assume it’s also large enough to hold a 128-player event.

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:From what I remember from the CL it has a hotel at the venue, so no need to bus players to and fro. Makes it easier to isolate should stronger restrictions come back into play.

I seem to recall that even Ronnie said he liked the venue, though he did eventually get bored from the lockdown

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:

From what I remember from the CL it has a hotel at the venue, so no need to bus players to and fro. Makes it easier to isolate should stronger restrictions come back into play.

During the WC there was no bus transporting players they could do what they wanted

It says 8 events the reality is its only 5 Championship league is 1 event played over 3 stages and German Masters Qualifying is played there but not the main event SO FAR

Its a lasy way of doing it

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

During the WC there was no bus transporting players they could do what they wanted

It says 8 events the reality is its only 5 Championship league is 1 event played over 3 stages and German Masters Qualifying is played there but not the main event SO FAR

Its a lasy way of doing it

Yeah but this gives them some leeway if tighter restrictions come back, which isn’t impossible considering rising cases in some countries.

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:Should be renamed the Milton Keynes Tour.

Hardly a tour if it's all in the same place. What about the MK Snooker Extravaganza, or the MK Super Snooker Series.

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:MK

The place no-one wants to go

MK is OK, went there for 30th, really good time actually, ski dome was great (main purpose of the visit), then eating, drinking and clubbing, but like most things it's who you're with not where you are.

Postby Juddernaut88

I bet so many Snooker players will be singing "I don't want to go to Milton Keynes" and singing it in the tune of that Elvis Costello song "I don't want to go to Chelsea"

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The original thread was better.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=10299

Are there any tickets left for the CoC? MK isn't too bad for me to get to and still have a few days holiday to take.

Oh sure. Now that you know SF has tickets.

Threesome would be more fun, you up for it?

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The original thread was better.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=10299

Are there any tickets left for the CoC? MK isn't too bad for me to get to and still have a few days holiday to take.

There seems to be tickets left for most sessions.

I have tickets to the Saturday night semi and the final, if that helps.

Maybe see you for a pint at some point?