Post a reply

Re: Latest Provisional Rankings Discussion Topic

Postby Wildey

another interesting point Higgins might not be at the UK due to the tragic news about his father as was pointed out in a thread by monique so if thats the case Mathew Stevens would get a top 16 seed spot.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:another interesting point Higgins might not be at the UK due to the tragic news about his father as was pointed out in a thread by monique so if thats the case Mathew Stevens would get a top 16 seed spot.

Was there more news about his Dad Wild?

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:another interesting point Higgins might not be at the UK due to the tragic news about his father as was pointed out in a thread by monique so if thats the case Mathew Stevens would get a top 16 seed spot.

Was there more news about his Dad Wild?

no but he isn't getting any better is he :-(

Postby Wildey

its amazing to think since Welsh Open 2009 where he lost first match to Martin Gould up to EPTC2 Stephen Hendry has picked up 30,000+ Ranking points.

playing like he has been playing to win that amount of points in last 2 years is unbelievable i was shocked to still see him 12th provisionally 5,549 points clear of the drop zone.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:its amazing to think since Welsh Open 2009 where he lost first match to Martin Gould up to EPTC2 Stephen Hendry has picked up 30,000+ Ranking points.

playing like he has been playing to win that amount of points in last 2 years is unbelievable i was shocked to still see him 12th provisionally 5,549 points clear of the drop zone.

Until Shanghai only Higgins had a longer 1st round unbeaten run.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:its amazing to think since Welsh Open 2009 where he lost first match to Martin Gould up to EPTC2 Stephen Hendry has picked up 30,000+ Ranking points.

Until Shanghai only Higgins had a longer 1st round unbeaten run.

yes but he hasn't played great but this thought that hendry isn't a fighter surely should be dismissed.... he has balls in bucket-loads and that fact shows it despite his form being rubbish for so long.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Hendry is playing as good as he was in the 90's but the standard has gone up since then

Hendry is peaking <ok> If this standard was about in the 90's he would have been lucky to be in the top 16.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Hendry is playing as good as he was in the 90's but the standard has gone up since then

must have silly me <doh>

Postby Roland

Fu is World number 16 and Davis is number 18. Davis is 16 on the provisional list for the next seedings list which is after the UK.

Postby NedB-H

Sonny wrote:Fu is World number 16 and Davis is number 18. Davis is 16 on the provisional list for the next seedings list which is after the UK.

Cheers, should've realised the provisional rankings would now be for the next update :ashamed:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Neil Robertson is the first player To Be WN1 that has won only 1 WC Since Thorburn in 1981

thats not strictly true though cos without checking id hazard a guess that Davis, Hendry and probably Higgins, Ronnie and Williams all became World Number 1 at a point in their career when they only had 1 world title to their name <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Neil Robertson is the first player To Be WN1 that has won only 1 WC Since Thorburn in 1981

thats not strictly true though cos without checking id hazard a guess that Davis, Hendry and probably Higgins, Ronnie and Williams all became World Number 1 at a point in their career when they only had 1 world title to their name <ok>

what im saying is all the previous no 1s since thorburn has gone on to win 2 up to 7 WC

Reardon 6
Davis 6
Hendry 7
Higgins 3
Williams 2
Ronnie 3
Robertson 1 but ???? will he carry that trend of multi WC Being No 1

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

what im saying is all the previous no 1s since thorburn has gone on to win 2 up to 7 WC

Reardon 6
Davis 6
Hendry 7
Higgins 3
Williams 2
Ronnie 3
Robertson 1 but ???? will he carry that trend of multi WC Being No 1

YES <cool>

Postby Wildey

strange thing this season is Robbo has already being 3 Times WN1 During this season.

After Shanghai Rankings Changed then World Open and Then after EPTC 2 hes already being WN1 as much as Mark Williams <laugh>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:strange thing this season is Robbo has already being 3 Times WN1 During this season.

After Shanghai Rankings Changed then World Open and Then after EPTC 2 hes already being WN1 as much as Mark Williams <laugh>

wasnt Higgins still number 1 after Shanghai ;) im sure i remember a thread about this at the time rofl

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Breaks my heart this....... :|

I need to think about it.... :chin:

No I don't. :dance:

Its a much of a much.....

Ronnie
Robertson
John Higgins
Mark Selby
Mark Williams
Ding
Shaun Murphy
Fairly Even that lot. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:strange thing this season is Robbo has already being 3 Times WN1 During this season.

wasnt Higgins still number 1 after Shanghai ;) im sure i remember a thread about this at the time rofl

yes your right he is only 2 times WN 1 <laugh>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

yes your right he is only 2 times WN 1 <laugh>

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Witz78

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Breaks my heart this....... :|

I need to think about it.... :chin:

No I don't. :dance:

Its a much of a much.....

Ronnie
Robertson
John Higgins
Mark Selby
Mark Williams
Ding
Shaun Murphy
Fairly Even that lot. <ok>

yes they are probably the BIG SEVEN in the game at the moment. Its funny to think only a couple of years ago there was so called NEW big four wasnt there, was it Ronnie, Murphy, Maguire and ????. I know it defiently wasnt Higgins as it was just before his revival when he won the worlds again in 2007 and i knew Ronnie had been in the previous big 4 line up and was now in this new one. Perhaps it was Ding who was the 4th member but im not 100% sure...

Postby Wildey

the "OFFICIAL" Ranking going to change 7 Times this Season but only 4 times there will be a seeding cut off.

After Shanghai
After World Open
After EPTC2 cut off
After UK cut off
After Welsh Open cut off
After China Open
After World Championship cut off

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:the "OFFICIAL" Ranking going to change 7 Times this Season but only 4 times there will be a seeding cut off.

After Shanghai
After World Open
After EPTC2 cut off
After UK cut off
After Welsh Open cut off
After China Open
After World Championship cut off

Im pretty sure thats not right?

As i understand it, the official rankings change after every single event, be it a full ranker or a PTC/EPTC but of course as we know theres only a few points where theres cut off points where the seedings change.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I'd say Stephen Maguire should be added to the winner's list....
Ronnie
Robertson
John Higgins
Mark Selby
Mark Williams
Ding
Shaun Murphy
Stephen Maguire

I forgot about Stephen Maguire, probably because he forgot about himself. :chin:

There is deffo a door open for the boys & girls that are hungry for the World's. Deffo. <ok>