Post a reply

Re: money and points rankings after tour championship

Postby D4P

eraserhead wrote:So if Selby has a bad China open could he drop diwn to third? Seems to love this comp though so he’ll probably do well.

He only loses 85,000 points from the 2017 China Open, since its prize fund wasn't nearly as big as it was in 2018. So he wouldn't automatically drop down to 3rd, especially since Mark Williams loses 35,000.

Postby csprince

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Is the points lists what the rankings would be like under the old system?

that is correct i thought i would stick with the points system to see if selby would be no1 as he had a massive lead under the money system as the winners points at the world"s distorts the official and provisional rankings and there are enough tournaments for a one year rolling ranking so i have done that as well
Last edited by csprince on 25 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby csprince

eraserhead wrote:So if Selby has a bad China open could he drop diwn to third? Seems to love this comp though so he’ll probably do well.
d4p beat me to it. when the points from 24 months ago are removed selby is 92225 ahead of williams so williams would have to win china to go above selby but selby will go above o sullivan if he wins china. will be removeing the points from 12/24 months ago at the weekend so should be available before the china starts next monday

Postby TheSaviour

Unfortunately the world can´t much longer keep up this going.

Make it even split. Forget Ronnie, Hendry or Trump. Make it always even split.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

It is just so incredible what the modern satellites can do... That it requires some over-excitements. It causes the deadly wrong cue ball placements and if your name happens to be Dominic Dale, it requires at times just smashing the cue ball somewhere close out there to hope something would go in even while during playing for the big audience.

That it even requires some wrong calculations?

So just a brief question. Are all these calculations correct after all? I already mentioned the reason what could cause such a basic calculations mistakes. Could be costly. To me at least.

But luckily there isn´t any fan-base anymore :D :D :D :D .

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Unfortunately the world can´t much longer keep up this going.

Make it even split. Forget Ronnie, Hendry or Trump. Make it always even split.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

It is just so incredible what the modern satellites can do... That it requires some over-excitements. It causes the deadly wrong cue ball placements and if your name happens to be Dominic Dale, it requires at times just smashing the cue ball somewhere close out there to hope something would go in even while during playing for the big audience.

That it even requires some wrong calculations?

So just a brief question. Are all these calculations correct after all? I already mentioned the reason what could cause such a basic calculations mistakes. Could be costly. To me at least.

But luckily there isn´t any fan-base anymore :D :D :D :D .

:goodpost: