Post a reply

Dafabet Gibraltar Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 5) !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 9th ~Sunday 13th of December at the Victoria Stadium, Gibralta

For the first time the main Snooker tour has gone to Gibraltar for the penultamate European tour event with places in the Grand Finals in Manchester up for grabs.

Still no Ronnie O'Sullivan but the draw is full of Quality with World Champion Suart Bingham and World No 1 Mark Selby heading the field.

Who will head to Christmas with the last silverweare of 2015?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Joel Walker v Neil Robertson
Liang Wenbo v Matthew Stevens
Eden Shara v Yu Delu
Mark Selby v Sydney Wilson
Jamie Jones v Gareth Allen
Peter Ebdon v Michael Wasley
Zhang Anda v Cao Yupeng
Graeme Dott v Ross Muir
Marco Fu v Tony Drago
Gerard Greene v Hossein Vafael Ayouri
Oliver Lines v Xiao Guodong
Robbie Williams v James Cahill
Michael White v Peter Lines
Ken Doherty v Liam Highfield
Tom Ford v James Wattana
John Higgins v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Ben Woollaston v Joe Swail
Jack Lisowski v Nigel Bond
Jason Weston v Jimmy White

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Gibralter Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 5) !!!!

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:FFS robbo thought he wasn't bothering with tin pot marmite like this :chin:

These events are valuable win this week and he has a chance to pick up another £100K

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:FFS robbo thought he wasn't bothering with tin pot marmite like this :chin:

Like Wild says, all events are valuable, whether it's a PTC or World Champs.

Plus I'm gonna be there watching and getting a chance to meet Robbo, Selby and the whole other bunch of them, so I'm very happy he's there. :-D

I'll tell Robbo what you told me about this tournament. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

At least he's turning up for events. Unlike certain players, who thinks the season starts in January.

We'll see how many tournaments Robbo enters when he's 40.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

At least he's turning up for events. Unlike certain players, who thinks the season starts in January.

We'll see how many tournaments Robbo enters when he's 40.

True.

But the real question is more whether Robbo is good enough at 40. Ronnie clearly still could win every tournament he entered if he was really up for it.

Saying that, I'm not as snake hissed as his non-entry as some. Like you say, or like I take it you're implying anyway, he has nothing left to prove. Neither would Robbo at 40.

Personally, I don't think the UK Championship would've been in any way better if Ronnie had been there, it was a fine tournament without him. And he's won it five times already it five times so doesn't need to prove himself.

I was being tongue in cheek.

Re: Gibraltar Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 5) !!!!

Postby GJ

Could we have the main thread updated the double UK champion isn't bothering with this tin pot rubbish :happy:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Could we have the main thread updated the double UK champion isn't bothering with this tin pot rubbish :happy:

Big Mistake.

Winning is a habit you got to keep it going.

he will definitely go in to the masters now with someone else getting some confidence with a win here.

Postby Lou147

I'm afraid these European Tour events aren't much more than hungover Saturday/Sunday morning viewing to me. All they do is make me look forward to the big tournaments even more. Anyway, roll on the Masters, me favourite.

Postby SnookerFan

I always said one day I'd take a Friday off, get some beers in and watch every second of a PTC.

Though, to be fair, with all the positives the PTCs have brought to the game of snooker, they aren't always the best televisual spectacles. You often see endless 4-0s with professionals laying the smack down on amateurs. I've often started to watch, and got bored. I'll probably dip in and out, as usual.

The final day is alright, I might watch that.

Postby Andre147

GJ only saying it's tin pot and marmite event because Robbo hasn't entered it and has come on the back of 2 Big tournament wins.

Did you also say this rubbish talk when Robbo won the Gydnia Open at the start of the year? :wave: I guess he probably said it's a good tournament to build confidence.

All tournaments are important, some more than others yes, but Robbo made a mistake by pulling out I think.

Anyway, with his withdrawal, I certainly won't miss him there, I'll have the chance to meet players who did bother to enter this, not cough cough and ice rattle Robbo. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:GJ only saying it's tin pot and marmite event because Robbo hasn't entered it and has come on the back of 2 Big tournament wins.

Did you also say this rubbish talk when Robbo won the Gydnia Open at the start of the year? :wave: I guess he probably said it's a good tournament to build confidence.

All tournaments are important, some more than others yes, but Robbo made a mistake by pulling out I think.

Anyway, with his withdrawal, I certainly won't miss him there, I'll have the chance to meet players who did bother to enter this, not cough cough and ice rattle Robbo. <ok>

:bowdown:

You should show appreciation to the players who bothered to turn up and play for their fans. :spot on:

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:GJ only saying it's tin pot and marmite event because Robbo hasn't entered it and has come on the back of 2 Big tournament wins.

:bowdown:

You should show appreciation to the players who bothered to turn up and play for their fans. :spot on:

Players like Selby :D