Post a reply

Re: Gdynia Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 6) !!!

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:I wish somebody would explain to Joe Johnson the difference between a frame and a game.

I'm glad I don't hear the commentary! :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wish somebody would explain to Joe Johnson the difference between a frame and a game.

Could be worse.

Dennis Taylor don't know the difference between snooker and golf.

Postby Gridlock

masterdoctorgenius wrote:ronnie would have played the LP as a shot to something but selby plays a shot to nothing even when 3-1 up

Spot on...style of play totally at odds with one another. But that's the great thing about snooker look at ebdon for Christs sake. And I only discovered this sport last june.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Could be worse.

Dennis Taylor don't know the difference between snooker and golf.

Joe Johnson and Dennis Taylor doing the final?

Postby Andre147

QSM wrote:Now the draw for the Grand Prix can be confirmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_World_Grand_Prix

(the ones that yet have to be added to that wiki-page are Gould 3rd seed, Kyren Wilson 4th seed, Mark Selby 5th and Liang Wenbo 6th.) (By winning this Selby jumped from 6th to 5th. We could've had another ROS-Selby match there in the L16 but now they're in different halves)

Good, too many matches between two top players in very short space of time can become a bit tedious.. even though their matches certainly aren't.

Postby Gridlock

LC wrote:Was hoping that it wasn't best of 7 rubbish at Grand Prix, but it's bazzas obsession it seems

Why so negative? J/k!:-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Well I honestly tried this weekend to enjoy a full PTC and watch it from start to finish, but I just can't. I did yesterday, but by the time the final arrived, I just really couldn't care, I only watched the first few frames. It just doesn't even feel like a final -- if it were at least a best of 9 it might, but when it's a best of 7 like everything else in the event it just feels so underwhelming.

Anyway, congrats to Selbs. He's just head and shoulders above almost everyone in the game when it comes to holding his nerves in matches and it showed this week.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Agree - outstanding effort from Selby - proving yet again why he's the game's top rated player.

In terms of World ranking there's no doubt he's the WN1, however this season he hasn't played like a WN1. This is only is first title of season, and it's a minor one.

Robbo and Ronnie both have played much better than Selby, and it's no coincidence both have given him some hammerings these recent times.

For me Robbo and Ronnie are by far the two best players this season, Higgins too until UK Champs, then has run out of gas.