Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Final!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of March ~ Sunday 27th of March at Event City, Manchester

Mark Allen will play Ricky Walden in a World Ranking event for the 2nd Time and both players have not had the best of time of late but this event is massive for both men.

Who will win their first British Based Ranking Event?

DRAW

Final

Mark Allen v Ricky Walden Walden leads 8-7

Finals Walden Leads 1-0
Two Session Matches Allen Leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final!

Postby Cheshire Cat

As a Northern Irishman myself I will give my support to Allen, although I like both players and won't complain at all if Ricky wins.

Walden is definitely favourite though; he's been scoring like a machine this week, will be interesting to see if that form holds up.

Postby barrydoherty54

Hard to believe bookies have made Allen favourite. Surely had to be Ricky going by form this week. Allen is struggling out there but somehow is managing to dig dee and grind the results. . Hoping for a close match but can see Ricky running away with it. 10-4 or 10-5.

Postby hendry_fan

Both battling it out for there first British Based Ranking Event.

Allen now has 6 ranking finals on his CV,the last 2 he took part in,he lost.

Walden now has 5,the last final he played he lost.

Both will be determined as ever to add to there silverware.I,m not bovered who wins,but i think Walden will.

It,ll be quite somethin if Allen goes on and wins,especially what he said himself bout the way he,s played and the way he,s played,Waldens been far the better player throughout this tourney,but this is where it really counts.

Postby sundaygirl

The final he lost, the Indian open was a best of 9 felt much more like a PTC than a proper ranker. I'm hoping in his mind his last final was beating Allen in Shanghai that's the one to focus on :-)

Postby hendry_fan

sundaygirl wrote:The final he lost, the Indian open was a best of 9 felt much more like a PTC than a proper ranker. I'm hoping in his mind his last final was beating Allen in Shanghai that's the one to focus on :-)

You must be feeling great sundaygirl,or are you still hungover?. <laugh>

:cracker: It,s a brilliant feelin when your favourite players in a final. :cracker:

Postby sundaygirl

Thursday birthday
Friday hangover
Saturday lurgy
Sunday feeling great well enough to work :irk:

It's great to be watching a final on a decent sized screen at a reasonable hour :happy:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Both men fighting for their first ranking title in the UK and both are top blokes.

It will be an emotional day for whoever wins and devastating for whoever loses.

Postby hendry_fan

sundaygirl wrote:With the hour change I don't suppose he has had time finish his Easter egg!

If Ricky wins this,he might buy you an easter egg,i,m sure e few quid would,nt harm him,especially after bcoming 100,000 grand richer. ;-)

Foulds mentioning the legendary *148* from the Scot Jamie Burnett. :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Thursday birthday
Friday hangover
Saturday lurgy
Sunday feeling great well enough to work :irk:

It's great to be watching a final on a decent sized screen at a reasonable hour :happy:

I just nipped for a pint, despite having a cold.

Man-Flue is for women, I tell ye.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:I am about halfway through an Easter egg.

Lucky you!,i,ve gobbled all of mine already. :emb:

I,ll gobble ma missus later though. :evilgrin: :-D

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:Did the commentators really not know about Burnett's 148? Or did I mishear?

They knew about Burnett they were unaware as was I that Ricky has a 16 red clearance on his c.v. already a 141 in the 2008 uk qualifiers apparently

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
I,ll gobble ma missus later though. :evilgrin: :-D

Won't we all?

Are you drunk already!,not everyone has a missus!. :chin:

Postby hendry_fan

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Did the commentators really not know about Burnett's 148? Or did I mishear?

They knew about Burnett they were unaware as was I that Ricky has a 16 red clearance on his c.v. already a 141 in the 2008 uk qualifiers apparently

I knew that,pity it was,nt on camera,but a fantastic achievement nonetheless,thats something that even Hendry and Ronnie have,nt had.