Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Taurnament Discussion !!!!

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hope you have great fun in there mate!

I can keep you updated on Beeb's "interesting" features. The OBE Ronnie one is a dead certain.

Love this tournament, this one, German Masters and Worlds are my favourites for the season.

I can just hear Hazel now...

"Blah blah Ronnie O'Sullivan.." massive dramatic pause.. "Ohh Beee Eeeee!!!" etc.

I'm with you on the German Masters - great venue the Tempodrom. It's miles better than the UK.

Snookerfan - what's your twitter name..?

TwitterFan

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
TwitterFan

For years before I joined this site, I was on a boxing forum called BoxingFan.

Last year, I joined a horror movie fan site and called myself HorrorFan, but I don't post there very often.

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I used to know a guy who loved tractors. I mean, just obsessed by them. He had a spare room in his house, where he had pictures of old tractors, he collected models of tractors, even subscribed some tractor magazines.

Anyone, he kind of grew away from it. Nothing really happened, he just found his passion for tractors dying. But then one day, he saw building on that was on fire and heard shouts for help. He ran in, and with one giant puff of breath, blew a pathway through the smoke and carried a woman to safely.

"How did you part the smoke like that?" she asked.
"Quite easy," he replied. "I'm an ex-tractor fan."

:hatoff:

Postby GJ

From a purely betting point of view the best value for this has to be marco fu

40/1 for the title

In good form won the ptc pre Christmas and had a decent run at the uk.

Will be a huge test for robbo.

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:From a purely betting point of view the best value for this has to be marco fu

40/1 for the title

In good form won the ptc pre Christmas and had a decent run at the uk.

Will be a huge test for robbo.

Dare I say you're being a little too conservative with Robertson's chances. It almost seems like you're trying to convince yourself that a quarter-final would be a very good outcome for Robertson

Fu's in good form, so is Robertson (and he went further in the UK obviously) - and the Masters is played out over a format which is more suited to Robertson.

Yes Fu can win but lets be honest, it'd be a surprise to see Robertson go out to Fu.

Postby Andre147

He's just happy right now with a Quarter-Final place after the humiliation Robbo got at German Masters <ok>

Unlike you, I wouldn't be surprised if Fu won this match to be honest.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
TwitterFan

For years before I joined this site, I was on a boxing forum called BoxingFan.

Last year, I joined a horror movie fan site and called myself HorrorFan, but I don't post there very often.

I,m a BIG Hendry fan,hence my nick being hendry_fan,i just thought i,d clear that up. ;-) :-D

I,m surprised no ones nick here is Ronniefan,fancy changin your nick to that SnookerFan?,although,you do seem to like Murphy too,so you could toss a coin between bein Ronniefan or Murphyfan,as i can,t recall anyone bein called Murphyfan neither. ;-)

Maybe GJ will change his name to Robbofan.

And how bout Wild changin his to Selbyfan.

In fact,Trumpfan,Higginsfan even Dingfan are still up for grabs,mind you,if Ding continues to play like he did last season,he won,t have any fans for long. :roll: :-D

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't we used to have a poster called SelbyFan, or did I make that up?

MarkSelbynumber1fan, I think that's his nick here.

The lad was allright, no bs from a fanboy talk. Don't know why he hasn't posted anymore.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't we used to have a poster called SelbyFan, or did I make that up?

MarkSelbynumber1fan, I think that's his nick here.

The lad was allright, no bs from a fanboy talk. Don't know why he hasn't posted anymore.

That was him. I also remember him being alright.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:Just one more day of work. :D

Ditto!!!!

Might go for a gallon saturday. Any hangover will be of little consequence by mid day Sunday.

I don't know why but I've got a feeling this year this tournament is going to be very special. Just can't put my finger on why.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:

Ditto!!!!

Might go for a gallon saturday. Any hangover will be of little consequence by mid day Sunday.

I don't know why but I've got a feeling this year this tournament is going to be very special. Just can't put my finger on why.

I too have that feeling sometimes mate, but often it doesn't turn out that way rofl

Hope I'm wrong this time.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:

Ditto!!!!

I too have that feeling sometimes mate, but often it doesn't turn out that way rofl

Hope I'm wrong this time.

Andre,s "feelings" bout Ding never,or very rarely turns out the way he predicts,every,or almost every time he wrote that he had "a feeling" that Ding would do well,he ended up doing the opposite. ;-)

Mind you,my feelings bout Ding were just as bad,after he won those 5 tourneys in one season to equal Hendrys record,i had feelings that he,d go on and dominate,or if not dominate,that he,d win more than the rest of the crop,but we all saw whats happened to him since. :emb: :-D

My feelings for 2016 is that Robbo will win more than the rest. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Ding vs Bing is an interesting one.

Bingham surprised the snooker world by winning The World Championship, but hasn't done much since. His form has really been down this season.

But look at Ding. You want to talk poor form? Here is a guy who a couple of seasons back won five rankers, and now looks like somebody else has never played snooker before. It's almost as if he's a different player in disguise this year, he can barely beat an egg.

I take Bingham to win it. But it is truly a battle of out of formers.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Ding vs Bing is an interesting one.

Bingham surprised the snooker world by winning The World Championship, but hasn't done much since. His form has really been down this season.

But look at Ding. You want to talk poor form? Here is a guy who a couple of seasons back won five rankers, and now looks like somebody else has never played snooker before. It's almost as if he's a different player in disguise this year, he can barely beat an egg.

I thought Bingham would get a huge confidence boost after the world's and do well in the UK, but heavy lies the crown of the world championship.

Ding doesn't look right at the moment and anyone can beat him :sad:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Is there going to be a Masters prediction contest?

Good question.

I'm happy to do it if nobody else does.

At the risk of being abit presumptuous, I'll go ahead and get a thread sorted later.

Postby Skullman

I would've offered, but looks like Cloud's covering it.

Anyway, I am done with uni exams for another few months and just in time for the Masters to begin. Won't catch many of the afternoon matches until Friday but looking forward to it.

A lot of top players haven't performed or have been inconsistent so far this season, but hopefully with so many tournaments on the way they'll get in gear.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Ding vs Bing is an interesting one.

"he can barely beat an egg".
rofl a :cracker: there from SnookerFan. rofl

My feelings are that Bingham will win this encounter between the two "out of formers". :-)

Gonna be very intrestin to see how both do this season,never mind playin against each other in this years Masters,as SnookerFan wrote,Ding could "barely beat an egg" and since Bingham won the Worlds,he could barely boil an egg. :dizzy:

Postby Skullman

Well Bingham looked like he was improving when he got the semis in Gibraltar near the end of the year, and he's been on a much shorter run of bad form.

Ding has been very off for over a year now.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Well Bingham looked like he was improving when he got the semis in Gibraltar near the end of the year, and he's been on a much shorter run of bad form.

Ding has been very off for over a year now.

True,but wayyyyyyyy off anything to shout about. :roll:

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I might change my name to SnookerFanFan

:tomato:

And here,s me thinkin you were a fan of Hendry_fan. :chin:

Ah,well,i,ll forgive ya if you become a Higgins fan. :-D