Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final : Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Postby Skullman

Ronnie79 wrote:No Skullman all world snooker sanctioned events have the same size templated pockets. Thats why when ROS made a maxi in the 2007 kilkenny irish masters it didnt not count as it was not on a ws templated table

Skullman wrote:I think we've discussed this before? Technically pockets are the same, but can be cut differently, so that they're more accepting. Pockets is just a shorthand because generous cuts of pockets gets tedious to say repeatedly.

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:May just be my perception but I always thought the pockets are tighter in PTCs and Chinese events than the BBC ones.

WS, Star, Riley and ISBF need to sit down and agree a template so that we can compare what we see and play on fairly. It's not difficult but WS just won't budge. They want buckets so the shooters pot big breaks and entertain the audiences whose concentration span dwindles every year. Alex Higgins called it decades ago and he was right. Nuts, but right about a lot of shenanigans in snooker.

Postby Cue Guru

Ronnie79 wrote:All tables are supposed to be the same in theory anyway

You wouldn't believe it bud. SWSA have four Star tables cut at 3.5'' and the rest are cut at 3.25''. Now why would they need to do that? So that pros like the Hawk can practice on the 3.5'' tables before a tourney. Because they know what WS fitters are like. Joe public gets to play on the harder tables!

Postby PoolBoy

I've heard the argument about the dart boards as well. Indeed, a well known player (but can't remember who!) did suggest that the PDC trebles and doubles (and 25 and bull) are marginally bigger on the PDC boards. The 4% difference in area is probably about right!
Although, the actual area of the boards is the same, the BDO use different wiring which is thicker than that on PDC sanctioned boards. A negligible difference, but nevertheless, there is some substance to the claim.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:I've heard the argument about the dart boards as well. Indeed, a well known player (but can't remember who!) did suggest that the PDC trebles and doubles (and 25 and bull) are marginally bigger on the PDC boards. The 4% difference in area is probably about right!
Although, the actual area of the boards is the same, the BDO use different wiring which is thicker than that on PDC sanctioned boards. A negligible difference, but nevertheless, there is some substance to the claim.

Must've been very well known. :wave:

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:Nice to see Sunday Girl today. She obviously felt the same. I seemed to send her weak at the knees. :wave:

Lovely to see you too
I had an awful time getting home first train was delayed so I missed my connection
Back in the warm now though with a fish supper on the way

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:I didn't see the O'Sullivan vs Selby match yesterday because I was at work and still haven't had a chance to watch it on YouTube but my dad said Ronnie played even better than Judd and Neil did today, is that right?

No, it isn't.

Neither Selby or Ronnie were at their best.

Postby Muppet147

sas6789 wrote:I didn't see the O'Sullivan vs Selby match yesterday because I was at work and still haven't had a chance to watch it on YouTube but my dad said Ronnie played even better than Judd and Neil did today, is that right?

Your dad was lying to you.

Ronnie played well. But today's game was out of this world.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:You eat fish? As a vegetarian? :shock:

Anyone who claims to be a Vegetarian but eats fish is a Pescetarian. I have known many so called Vegetarians who eat fish. They are not Vegetarians.

Anyway, Vegetarianism whilst being far better than Carnism is still a cruel diet, as it contributes to the cruel dairy industry, which is almost as cruel as the meat industry.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:He missed about two frame balls made a century had a long potting % of 82. Yeah medicore all right

Alright, not mediocre. But for Ronnie, that is below his best.

Muppet is correct. He certainly didn't play as well vs Selby as Trump played against Robertson.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

David Hendon ‏@davehendon
Fantastic match between Judd and Neil and further proof snooker doesn't need to be dumbed down with silly gimmicks. It's great as it is.

What gimmicks is he talking about?

Postby Andy Spark

I'm surprised Robertson thinks this match was the best ever Masters match. It was only a best of 11 quarter-final in the masters, with (incidentally) neither player good enough to reach the final of the event.

Ronnie made five centuries in the first round of the worlds once, and lost, but Ronnie didn't go around claiming it was the best World Championship match ever. What Ronnie did was work on the weaker areas of his game and come back even stronger. That's what Robbo should do.