Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stuart Bin

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:this is scary..

the standards are so poor these days Ronnie playing rubbish (his words not mine) is in the final.

Doesn't help all the best players have been knocking each other out in the other half.

Postby Holden Chinaski

the standards are so poor these days Ronnie playing rubbish (his words not mine) is in the final.

He played his B game. But you have to admit there were times that he played some fantastic stuff?

Ronnie's B game > most other players A game..

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:

He played his B game. But you have to admit there were times that he played some fantastic stuff?

B-game? Are you sure? B-game was more like what he played against Selby.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:

Doesn't help all the best players have been knocking each other out in the other half.

Didn't Ronnie beat Selby?

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:

yea but the way he was talking it was struggling to reach his Z game lol

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

yea but the way he was talking it was struggling to reach his Z game lol

That's Ronnie. He can make a maxi and 5 centuries and he'll say he played crap. He has very high standards.

Postby TheRocket

This time I've got to agree with Ronnie and not with Davis and Parrott. I mean, these two really think this was great Snooker today ? It was rubbish and Ronnie summed it up perfectly. Hendry must be probably laughing, listening to Davis and Parrott.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:WILDEY

Funny how you agree with Ronnie when his BS makes 90's era look good

:lol:

Tonight Ronnie played to his peak when he had to thats what its all about nobody can play to their best all the time.

he talks utter crap at times.

Postby Holden Chinaski

RJFindlay wrote:Ronnie says he feels he didn't play well and short changed the audience! Imagine of he played to his satisfaction?! Snooker from the gods as Parrot puts it.

i don't have to imagine it. He has done it in the past.

2005 Masters, 2004, 2008, 2012 world championships...

Postby Andre147

I can understand Ronnie's frustration with his alignment on the shot an all that...

He was there for the taking today no doubt, but there were moments of sheer brilliance from him too. The frame he won needing a snooker was one of the very best I've seen him win, and that stunning long red :bowdown: I thought for a moment it was Trump or Robbo playing that <laugh>

I think Ronnie will be fine tomorrow, and in a wy it's better he had a match like this.

SO mentioned that great example of 2007 Masters when Ronnie struggled against Mags in his Semi and only won 6-4. We all know how brilliant Ronnie was after that in that 07 Final.

Hopefully the same here.

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY SEVEN TABLE (14/15)

67 ANDRE147 10 - 3
65 CLARA8633 9 - 4
64 SMART 10 - 2
63 CLOUD STRIFE 9 - 3
60 ERASERHEAD 8 - 2
60 SUNDAYGIRL 7 - 3
56 JMAL1 9 - 2
56 WILDEY 8 - 3
56 SNOOKERFAN 8 - 2
53 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 8 - 2
52 THECLEAVER 9 - 1
51 KOLOMPAR 8 - 2
50 PLTHEREF 8 - 2
49 HOLDEN CHINASKI 7 - 2
43 PASUNEGIRAFE 6 - 3
41 SKULLMAN 7 - 1
37 VODKADIET 6 - 1
34 KING.KAUTO 6 - 1
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 16 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ronnie wants this so badly and if you think he doesn't care you need to step back. He said he doesn't mean that he 'doesn't care', but that he can't find the words to express himself.

He just seems so nervous. Every time Stuart missed, even when there was no pot on, that crowd made it sound like they expected Ronnie to pot something out of nowhere and clear up. I feel for him tbh, the weight of expectation on his shoulders must be immense at times.

Postby vodkadiet

You have to question the standard of players these days when O'Sullivan and Higgins are still dominating.

Make no mistake the standard in the late 90s was 2 or 3 levels above today's.

Postby Skullman

Cheshire Cat wrote:Ronnie wants this so badly and if you think he doesn't care you need to step back. He said he doesn't mean that he 'doesn't care', but that he can't find the words to express himself.

He just seems so nervous. Every time Stuart missed, even when there was no pot on, that crowd made it sound like they expected Ronnie to pot something out of nowhere and clear up. I feel for him tbh, the weight of expectation on his shoulders must be immense at times.

I think it's because half the people who turn up to watch him live know buck all, must be worse at the Masters.

I had a bloke ask me how much the green was worth once.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cheshire Cat wrote:Ronnie wants this so badly and if you think he doesn't care you need to step back. He said he doesn't mean that he 'doesn't care', but that he can't find the words to express himself.

Indeed. Nobody has the level of expectation Ronnie has. And Bingham complains about the pressure of being world champion..

People are expecting Ronnie to play like a genius every time he plays since 1992! No wonder Ronnie has high standards.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:You have to question the standard of players these days when O'Sullivan and Higgins are still dominating.

Make no mistake the standard in the late 90s was 2 or 3 levels above today's.

It was, but early to mid 90s was worse than this.