Post a reply

Ideas for a new cue

Postby JackFifty50

Hello,

I previously posted a thread about a cue. Unfortunately I lost access to that account (and forgot the e-mail address) hence the new username. My max break is still 42. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. :tennis:

Kind Regards,

JackFifty50

Re: Ideas for a new cue

Postby JackFifty50

Sorry I made a mistake. My max break is 46, but that was about 19 years ago. 42 more recent. I should have explained that better. Thanks for any help.

Postby Jack50

I have ended up getting a 51 break with the Black Selby Supagrip cue. The Parris cue I struggled with. Managed to log in as well.

Postby Jack50

Jack50 wrote:I have ended up getting a 51 break with the Black Selby Supagrip cue. The Parris cue I struggled with. Managed to log in as well.

I am now better with a Cuesoil cue. I have a few cues to choose from. When I get a big break it feels like a fluke so I tend to rotate cues. I have another Selby cue the 147 version but it just lost it's tip which I am yet to bother replacing when I have more options.

Postby Raiel

If you can make a 50+ break with a certain cue, there's no reason why you shouldn't make a 100+ break with it. If they need a new cue, what the top players do is pick a cue they like and can make breaks with, and stick with it usually for at least a month or more. Some professionals have used the same cue for many years. The cues they use are generally, but not always, about 18 ounces, quite solid and not whippy, 10 to 10.5 mm tip size and are made from either ash or canadian hardrock maple. Ash is the most popular wood. Pick a cue and stick with it for a while, and you should start making bigger breaks and start playing at a higher and more consistent standard in general.

Postby Jack50

Raiel wrote:If you can make a 50+ break with a certain cue, there's no reason why you shouldn't make a 100+ break with it. If they need a new cue, what the top players do is pick a cue they like and can make breaks with, and stick with it usually for at least a month or more. Some professionals have used the same cue for many years. The cues they use are generally, but not always, about 18 ounces, quite solid and not whippy, 10 to 10.5 mm tip size and are made from either ash or canadian hardrock maple. Ash is the most popular wood. Pick a cue and stick with it for a while, and you should start making bigger breaks and start playing at a higher and more consistent standard in general.

Thanks.