Post a reply

Which of these three cues is best?

Postby Zach1906

Hey, so I'm fairly new to snooker and think it's about time I got my own cue. I found these three which all seem to be pretty good value - my question is: Which is best?

https://www.peradon.co.uk/cannon-cues-e ... ado-(s0234).aspx?view=1753#product
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Classic- ... g=UTF8&me=
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... Z9VO&psc=1

This cue could end up lasting me a while, so please think carefully and tell me which seems best. Also, if anyone knows of a good hard (so the cue doesn't warp on my back) case with a shoulder strap (so I can cycle with the cue), then I'd be really greatful.

Thanks!

Re: Which of these three cues is best?

Postby simonofthepiemans

I have thought carefully. The answer is whichever feels best to you and and has the characteristics your desire.
If buying a cue blind, your best bet is to have as much of an idea of what works well for you beforehand, and even then there's no guarantee it will be what you want.
More important than better, or price, is suitability. Things to consider...
Tip size
Weight
Length
Joint
Aesthetics
Materials
All play a fundamental role in a cue's personality and no one player will want the same thing.
Play with a few house cues, play with a friend's, ask others about theirs and try to get an idea of what feels good in your hand. It's the only way. Good luck.
Last edited by simonofthepiemans on 13 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

simonofthepiemans wrote:I have thought carefully. The answer is whichever feels best to you and and has the characteristics your desire.
If buying a cue blind, your best bet is to have as much of an idea of what works well for you beforehand, and even then there's no guarantee it will be what you want.
More important than better or price is suitable...
Tip size
Weight
Length
Joint
aesthetics
Play with a few house cues, play with a friend's, ask others about theirs and try to hey an idea of what feels good in your hand. It's the only way. Good luck.

Great post. I once played so well with a House cue it was perfect I thought about buying it. I dunno if that’s an option

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
simonofthepiemans wrote:I have thought carefully. The answer is whichever feels best to you and and has the characteristics your desire.
More important than better or price is suitable...
Tip size
Weight
Length
Joint
aesthetics
Play with a few house cues, play with a friend's, ask others about theirs and try to hey an idea of what feels good in your hand. It's the only way. Good luck.

Great post. I once played so well with a House cue it was perfect I thought about buying it. I dunno if that’s an option

Everything has a price DC.

My cue is rubbish. No ferrule, split shaft, home repaired joint - people laugh at it. But I like it and it belonged to a friend who died so I don't like to move on. Still make decent breaks with it but think I might be frightening if I had a decent cue.