Post a reply

Question about Strachan Stroud table covering

Postby Twinnybriggsy

I hope someone on here can help me. I have some Strachan Stroud cloth to sell. The stamp on the cloth bears the Strachan Stroud logo along with the words ‘trade mark’ ‘West of England’ and ‘100% Pure New Wool’. It also says that it is ‘No.6’. I have been looking into it and I’m unable to find reference to Strachan Stroud No.6 anywhere. Also, while the cloth is still in perfect condition (it’s a roll) I get the sense that it is old. The cloth is wrapped around a thick old wooden dowl, (approx 20cm diameter) definitely its original ‘packaging’ for want of a better word. The cloth is 2m wide and approx 2.6m long. Does anyone know if this is vintage cloth that is perhaps no longer manufactured?

Re: Question about Strachan Stroud table covering

Postby Badsnookerplayer

A tough question I think.

Perhaps contact these people via the website to see if they can give you some background.

http://www.strachan.co/snooker-cloth/

You have probably been there already but it might help. Alternatively you could contact a snooker club and see if they can put you in touch with a table fitter (I can give you the details of my club if you like).

Good luck