Post a reply

Re: My table

Postby Roland

I had a 6x3ft throughout my childhood but unfortunately I don't have a room big enough for one at the moment.

I want a full sized US Pool table at some point, and my absolute dream is my own basement with full sized snooker table, US Pool table, surround sound cinema and internet access. And a swimming pool <laugh>

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I had a 6x3ft throughout my childhood but unfortunately I don't have a room big enough for one at the moment.

I want a full sized US Pool table at some point, and my absolute dream is my own basement with full sized snooker table, US Pool table, surround sound cinema and internet access. And a swimming pool <laugh>

Sounds great. <ok>

I had a 6 x 3 snooker table one Christmas and it was the best present I have ever had. Hours of fun. Its great to escape out to my games room and shoot some pool or if friends come over - challenge them to a game. Also have the darts board out there. <cool>

Postby Roland

Naturally I also require a dart board in my dream play room!

I used to be a decent pro-equivalent standard on my 6x3ft. I used to play a lot with my mate who lived over the road and most nights we would have a best of 19 and it was usually one visit stuff. Had a number of centuries which were obviously total clearances. And also obviously there was a lot of local knowledge involved because the balls rolled off!

Postby hitman_ronnie1

currently debating on whether to get a 6ft by 3ft snooker table or a pool table for my garage. :evilgrin:

i'm clearing it in the next few months.

obviously the dream is to one day win the lottery and have a full size in my personalized snooker room. <cool>

Postby The Cueist

Pool Table is the better option ,hitman ronnie1!!!!!!LOLOLOL!!!

Loving that name.

Postby Ander

Just curious about the 6x3 ft table. What sort of impact does it make to your 12 ft snooker? I suppose you improve a lot, but what are the pros and cons of playing on a smaller table?

Postby Roland

pros - you play like a pro, frame winning breaks are easy and it builds confidence and belief about your own snooker.
cons - moving to a full size the angles are different, you have to hit the bigger balls thicker which takes a while to get used to. Also the small table means balls block each other more often and the table is more likely to roll off as well.

Mind you when I was in my teens I got used to switching between full size and 6x3ft so it wasn't that bad and I used to practice on the 6x3ft before heading out on a match night because it got me warmed up more than if I didn't.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

i had a 4 by 2 when i was a kid.

me mate had a 6 by 3.

always remember i was 17-15 ahead and we played the last frames on his table and he beat me 18-17. :-(

still scars me to this day. :roll:

only time i ever lost over a best of 35 to him as well.

found the difference huge when i started playing full size in my mid to late teens.

used to go down during college lunch breaks.

those were the days. <cool>