Post a reply

How much is a table?

Postby donthittheblue

How much is a 12ft x 6ft snooker table with proper pockets and balls?

Also what are good ways to make it fit in your average 1 bed flat?

Re: How much is a table?

Postby HappyCamper

donthittheblue wrote:Also what are good ways to make it fit in your average 1 bed flat?

Purchase a sleeping bag.

Postby HappyCamper

More seriously 5 - 10 grand plus for new. Might be able to get second hand cheaper.

Unless you don't mind not having furniture in your lounge or bedroom I not sure how you'd fit it in.

Postby rekoons

Can be had for £1000 secondhand. Plus another 500-1000 or so for dismantling, transport and set up...

Postby donthittheblue

HappyCamper wrote:More seriously 5 - 10 grand plus for new. Might be able to get second hand cheaper.

Unless you don't mind not having furniture in your lounge or bedroom I not sure how you'd fit it in.

Ouch more than I thought - though 1-2k second hand seems more reasonable.

I'd be absolutely fine not having furniture in my lounge if a snooker table was in their,

Sadly going by the room size that's not even an option.

Postby HappyCamper

Does the flat have a garage? If not you could look at renting lock up to keep it in. Or a smaller table.

Postby donthittheblue

HappyCamper wrote:Does the flat have a garage? If not you could look at renting lock up to keep it in. Or a smaller table.

Yeah smaller table might be the way to go.

Postby TheSaviour

rofl rofl

So, it´s a time to get conquer Austria now.

Ball-run played like he usually plays. This time it was enough to conquer the Masters. So, your home table does matter a much; it is all what there has been played and perhaps learned is that one can bring on. The most eccerentic persons ever to make the semi-final line-up; Ball-run, Angry Farmer, Allister Carter and Shaun Murphy. Welllll, Shaun´s pretty normal; he hardly ever completely gets carried away. Shaun also does get a way, way short but he can only not with live with that but to build on from those relatively easy mistakes he at times does! Hats off! Ball-run is the most insane on and off-player the Big-3 Tournaments have ever seen. Ball-run does play very well at times indeed. Ball-run has some trouble to choose lesser safety-shot while trying to be deadly, which actually is the spot-on approach!

Allister indeed is the most insane shot-maker I have ever seen. Or at least a top-5 of those. Only to mess it up with his STILL a way, way below-par mentality. Can´t personally understand why the local commentator always hails when some of these lads has worked or is working with some sports-psychology, It certainly doesn´t seem like that at all! Allister was far from ANY calm. Yet the stupendous street-shots class just was there! Hats off! But what are all these coaches actually understanding about humanity or the sport of snooker?

So they just keep on yelling GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE! Which means their heritage. GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE! They never learned anything while at the Army (for example)… It is just still their real heritage which is GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE! Which means they do not have any contacts to anyone I might haver known. They are just running it as they always have destined to run it.

And I almost always do respond that GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE

While having an oppurtunity to do so. They have countless of oppurtinities on an any given minute, and they certainly do take the advantage of it.

GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE!

Ball-run is now hungry to win the UK title as well. As then Ball-run would have all the Big-3... Stuart Bingham seemingly is a very resilient character and a player, while having some troubles to make it so obvious… So obvious that Stuart Bingham also still might need someone to really to work with. Ball-run is now hungry but not any obvious. Not still any new Lleyton Hewitt or Andy Murray (who played chess).

Postby Iranu

Andy Murray, world famous chess player.

Postby SnookerFan

The Saviour's unique brand of nonsense is now going downhill.

There was a time I could believe that he wasn't doing it deliberately. As if he was putting a foreign language into a translator. Now, he's obviously doing it on purpose.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:The Saviour's unique brand of nonsense is now going downhill.

There was a time I could believe that he wasn't doing it deliberately. As if he was putting a foreign language into a translator. Now, he's obviously doing it on purpose.

Your only having this realisation now?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE!

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

GONZABONZABÖÖ JEE!

Gesundheit.

Postby The_Abbott

I usually pay for a meal. The table is usually free, if your lucky. Sometimes they can be full especially on a weekend but yeah the legs can cost extra.

Postby SnookerEd25

You'd think he was too busy running the country. :hmmm:

Postby Absolute Snooker

DONTHITTHEBLUE

Tables can be got hold of for as little as £300-£400. It will then need installing by a professional table fitting company such as ours.
Then subject to your specifications required you can spend up to £3000-£4000 if you went all out.

Works could include Recovering the bed cloth and cushion cloth, Re blocking and Rubbering the Cushions, french polishing the woodwork, changing the pocket nets leathers and rails.
And many many many more works not forgetting lighting, balls and heaters.

With regards fitting it in the flat, look at maybe a 9 ft table. You can still have a good game of snooker on them albeit probably using a 2" set of snooker balls instead of the usual 2 1/16".