Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I see this has been a Final where a player has been dominating the Table fr 2 or 3 frames, and then the other responds in fashion.

Let's see how Selby does that now...

It's been a high quality, attacking final.

Or as Muppet calls it 'boring'.

Postby Andre147

Yes I knew you would say that SF! Could barely open my eyes, let alone have the right concentration to watch Snooker, even if it were Ronnie playing! :zzz:

Nevermind, later I'll watch the whole thing. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Didn't Selby have to comeback from 9-6 down to win his first title here?

He might have to do it all over again. Hopefully Ding won't do a MJW.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Afternoon folks!

Ding responding to Selby's comeback from 3-6. Now it's 8-6 after being 3 frames without potting a ball.

Cmon DIng! :-D

Good afternoon Andre,just fallen outta bed have you?. :-D

I have! :-D Late night yesterday, 6am I got to bed. Needed to catch some of my sleep.

Fully recovered! :D I'll watch the rest of the Final I missed later, but right now just hoping Ding can win this Title. Won't be easy though, comeback King Selby will try his hardest for it not to hapen for Ding.

Good on ya!,when i was your age,i often did,nt go to bed bfore 6am,needless to say,at weekends.

Make the most of it,especially when your young. :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Cannot believe Selby played that. Ding in with a good chance for 9-6, it's been a really really good final as SF said.

Postby Andre147

Memories of his 2011 comeback will have to be on Selby's mind right now...

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre to say it,but Selbs won,t comeback now. :gag:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Was one of the first bitty frames, but even then Ding was clinical when it mattered.

Last chance saloon then. Selby cannot afford to leave Ding in the balls, he's been devastating today and on top of that his safety has been incredible.

Postby Andre147

Selby needs to tighten up if he wants to win this. His best chance is with great safety and tactical play.

Postby SnookerFan

Random Memory Attack!

When Bingham beat Mark Williams in the Australian Open final, I spent all day drinking beer, watching snooker and discussing it on the Island.

It was good times.

Postby Andre147

Ding starting to blob a few...

I wouldn't mind a tense 10-9 finish as long as Ding wins.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby needs to tighten up if he wants to win this. His best chance is with great safety and tactical play.

http://www.pizzagogo.co.uk

If I ordered one from the UK that would take a while getting into mmy hands wouldn't it... <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby needs to tighten up if he wants to win this. His best chance is with great safety and tactical play.

If I ordered one from the UK that would take a while getting into mmy hands wouldn't it... <laugh>

You could make one yourself,a homemade Andre special. ;-)

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Didn't Selby have to comeback from 9-6 down to win his first title here?

That was the year of the classic MJW bottlejobs.

Lost UK final from 9-5.
Lost Shanghai final from 9-6.
Lost Australia final from 8-5.

Also that season he lost the World semi against Higgins from a long way ahead as well.

I think I'm also correct in saying he bottled the Players Championship final against Joe Perry in 2015. Was 3-0 up, lost 4-3.

Pity, Williams became such a choker in the latter part of his career.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Didn't Selby have to comeback from 9-6 down to win his first title here?

That was the year of the classic MJW bottlejobs.

Lost UK final from 9-5.
Lost Shanghai final from 9-6.
Lost Australia final from 8-5.

Also that season he lost the World semi against Higgins from a long way ahead as well.

I think I'm also correct in saying he bottled the Players Championship final against Joe Perry in 2015. Was 3-0 up, lost 4-3.

Pity, Williams became such a choker in the latter part of his career.

A shame yeah. :td:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It took them 90 minutes to deliver one to me a couple of years back, and they were only coming from a mile away. :grrr:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Tough shot for Mark there. A red at that pace to the middle, very very difficult. The previous red was a poor shot.