Post a reply

Re: European Masters Final !!!!!!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie's 2007/08 season also started out with a close defeat in the first ranking final.

Grand Prix loss vs Fu right? Remember one clearance from Fu where he stole a frame on the black and led 8-6 instead of being 7-7.

I hate to say it but I am more positive than andre right now (maybe because i didnt watch the complete match and only the first 3 frames)

Postby Andre147

Right now I just hope he quickly forgets about this result. I won't forget it for a while, but that's just me.

But yeah, in the last 3 Finals, Ronnie has played pretty rubbish against Trump. It's about time he showed what he can do against him in a Final like he did at the CoC.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie's 2007/08 season also started out with a close defeat in the first ranking final.

Grand Prix loss vs Fu right? Remember one clearance from Fu where he stole a frame on the black and led 8-6 instead of being 7-7.

I hate to say it but I am more positive than andre right now (maybe because i didnt watch the complete match and only the first 3 frames)

can't believe I'm saying this but yeah right now you're more positive than me.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

can't believe I'm saying this but yeah right now you're more positive than me.

<laugh> it's all happening today

Andre147 wrote:Right now I just hope he quickly forgets about this result. I won't forget it for a while, but that's just me.

But yeah, in the last 3 Finals, Ronnie has played pretty rubbish against Trump. It's about time he showed what he can do against him in a Final like he did at the CoC.

he beat trump in their biggest matches, WC semis 2013 and UK final 2014 ;-) :D

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Right now I just hope he quickly forgets about this result. I won't forget it for a while, but that's just me.

he beat trump in their biggest matches, WC semis 2013 and UK final 2014 ;-) :D

And he lost this afternoon.

Postby TheRocket

Quite strange though that atm Ronnie seems to be playing his worst Snooker in the finals while in the past it was always the other way around. Even the finals he lost, he played a proper Standard.

But these last 4 finals he played in were truly rubbish for his standards. When it comes to the Welsh Open and this tournament he just played dream snooker a day before. Against Perry and Robbo respectively.

He still won 2 of these last 4 rubbish finals with one of them being the UK but it's still not a good sign. Future will tell whether it has something to do with Trump , as 3 of the 4 rubbish finals have been against him or whether it's a general thing. Or you could say, whether it has something to do with playing topplayers in the final as Robbo obviously also belongs to that category.

Whatever it is but he's not looking comfortable out there and quite twitchy in finals. Imo Age could play a role you know.
Last edited by TheRocket on 09 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:hahahaha, how funny this world is. I am the one who has to chin up the Ronnie fans. So let me do this with cheerful moments from Ronnie's past, SF. cheers

Quite ironic isn't it mate <laugh>

Had you watched the Final though you wouldn't be like this I garantee you.

Postby Vallomas

I was surprised by Ronnie's poor game today, but had a feeling that he would win after 8-6. Judd made some unforced errors that gifted frames to him, but this foul in the beginning of frame 15 proved to be crucial.

But I have to say that Ronnie had the run of the ball until then, especially in the opening session where he played even worse and still was leading 5-3 (having played good snooker only on the last frame). Judd was the better player and should have won more easily, but what he has done after being 6-8 down is still remarkable. I hope that this season will be his, with a world title at the end.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I think Ronnie played pretty good. Just a bit rusty here and there. His long potting was not great and he made a few misstakes with safety but he's looking pretty good, made some great breaks. This match could have gone either way.

i wouldnt call it an age problem in finals yet. he did reach them by playing well. some match up suits, some not and sometimes the run of balls changes at the wrong time (by reading ronnie had some unfortune after being 8-6 up and never got a clear cut chance and trump had the run of the balls in favour). it happens.

looking at the english open draw. ronnie could meet robbie again before the semis i think.
and i wont be surprised if trump loses vs ken doherty and does nothing for the rest of the season. and as long as he doesnt win the WC or another TC ( he has only 1 so far) he will be in the same category as Jimmy white. Rankers are good but it is all about the TCs for player of trumps calibre. and he did produce nothing in them since his 2011 UK win. only one UK final after that.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Ronnie played pretty good. Just a bit rusty here and there. His long potting was not great and he made a few misstakes with safety but he's looking pretty good, made some great breaks. This match could have gone either way.

Holden!

How nice of you to drop by! Hope you're doing well mate.

Sad day for us Ronnie fans, but at least there's positive for the future as he's playing a lot more events and a better chance of winning titles.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Hello , I'm new on this forum. I often watch snooker since 147 from Ronnie O'Sullivan in Welsh Open 2014. I'm a Ronnie's fan. Excuse me to my English: i'm not english but french so.... sorry.

I saw the final and i agree with holden : Ronnie not played that bad. The problem today for Ronnie was his long potting . He has been unlucky on frame 15 on shot green to red. But Judd was the best player today.
I'm also disappointed of this loss . But i'm not worried forward for further season.
Come on Ronnie.
And long live the Snooker . " Vive le snooker".

Postby Wildey

this was not the first ranking final of the season not even ronnies first tournament lol

Postby SnookerFan

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Hello , I'm new on this forum. I often watch snooker since 147 from Ronnie O'Sullivan in Welsh Open 2014. I'm a Ronnie's fan. Excuse me to my English: i'm not english but french so.... sorry.

I saw the final and i agree with holden : Ronnie not played that bad. The problem today for Ronnie was his long potting . He has been unlucky on frame 15 on shot green to red. But Judd was the best player today.
I'm also disappointed of this loss . But i'm not worried forward for further season.
Come on Ronnie.
And long live the Snooker . " Vive le snooker".

:welcome:

Postby Dan-cat

thecueview wrote:Hey everyone.

Just a few thoughts on the event.

It's a bit political at first but there's some snooker there later on in the article...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-european ... eview.html

I was pretty disgusted by those pictures of the caged animals also, and the flippant remarks on Twitter.

Nice write up as always Mr Day :)

I had to stay clear of the Island yesterday as I was in an 8 hour studio session (quite painful, particularly after two hours sleep on Saturday! ouch), managed to watch on youtube late last night and finished this morning. Great tournament, Ronnie back to his best (that demolition of Robbo was a peach), some amazing pots by Trumpy to make those last few frames. Viva la snooker as newbie Incident said.

Next!

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerBacker was on about that on Twitter. I realised it was some kind of circus, don't really know what sort of stuff went on there. I guess the animal cruelty laws in the UK don't exist in other parts of Europe.

Postby mantorok

This tournament reminded me of the Welsh Open, Ronnie played great and then in the final looked really on edge and twitchy, luckily for him that day Robertson was also twitchy, but this time that edginess cost him.

I think this is something he needs to address, it's crept into his game over the last 18 months or so, it's as if he doesn't care too much during the tournament but when he's in the final he seems really tense - this could still be the after-effect of losing the 2014 WC final, not to appear too dramatic but his records in finals was pretty good before then.

Until he sorts this out, he's going to keep losing in finals, which is a shame because he still has the game to win.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ding>>>>Judd everytime of the day and night

You only think that because Judd beats Ronnie more than Ding does. <laugh>

I honestly can't remember the last time Ding beat Ronnie lol.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Williams could probably eat David John for breakfast with someone else's cue, let's be honest.

edit: wrong topic!

That really gets to the heart of the Ronnie vs Judd final, for me. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Busy times atm for hendry_fan.

I watched some o the final,bits n pieces tbh.

I have to say,from what i did see,Judd was the better player,credit to him in not lettin Ron get a BIG lead and for stayin with him + coming back,holdin his nerve and ending up beatin Ron.

It,s truly a sickener for the Ronnie fans,to lose a decider in any format is sickening,especially in the long formats,eg 18-17,13-12,10-9,9-8.

Ron did win the deciding frame against Judd in there UK Championship 2014 final encounter though,one can,t win every decider,even the likes of Davis,Hendry,J Higgins,Williams have had a few losses in deciders in there carreer.

:clap: :win: Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr well done to Judd!. :win: :clap:

That now puts him on,....

,........Ranking finals: 11 (6 titles, 5 runners-up)

Ronnie gets the small consolation of bein able to add to the ranking final appearences he,s made,.....

,.........Ranking event finals: 41 (28 titles, 13 runners-up)

:-)

The mighty Stephen Hendry is still way ahead though,.......

,.......Ranking event finals: 57 (36 titles, 21 runners-up)

:win: :-D