Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Sounds like another mongish display from Ronnie against Higgins. Glad I'm not watching this marmite. It feels like 2009-2011 all over again.

It does have that feel yes.. :irk:

a big break would be nice now for Ron.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie has 30 points all match... 23 first frame, 7 second...

Looks like in the 3rd and 4th he won't score a single one the way things are going..

Postby Andre147

Ronnie did win 6 frames on the trot against Higgins from 8-2 down in that UK Semi, but couldn't manage to win...

Can't see him winning here from 4-0 down, Higgins would have to go nonexistent and Ronnie perfect.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie has 30 points all match... 23 first frame, 7 second...

Looks like in the 3rd and 4th he won't score a single one the way things are going..

I've just tuned in. This is utterly frustrating.

Higgins has been okay, nothing special, but Ronnie has shat the bed as he tends to do against Higgins.

Postby sundaygirl

Andre147 wrote:I have faith in Ronnie though... 3-1 down is definately recoverable... would need a fast start after the MSI.

:dizzy: It's chaos here today
I'd actually forgotten it's not best of 7 anymore :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:So has Ronnie played badly or Higgins been awesome? I've only just been able to switch on.

Ronnie not had any table time.

Higgins putting him in trouble, plus been lucky a couple f times when he misses and doesnt leave anything.

Postby TheRocket

This is a very frustrating match. Unlike the others I don't think ROS is playing that bad.

Reality is that Higgins is playing just many containing and no risk safety shots, and playing it just very well and ROS doesnt have a proper pot to go for. And even when Higgins misses he gets away with it every time.

Theres nothing you can do about that as a player. This now is the first proper chance for Ronnie.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:So has Ronnie played badly or Higgins been awesome? I've only just been able to switch on.

Ronnie not had any table time.

Higgins putting him in trouble, plus been lucky a couple f times when he misses and doesnt leave anything.

Thanks.

Postby Iranu

Andy Goldstein's a bit of a cockerel but he asks good questions for the casual viewers to help understand technical aspects and players' decisions.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie needs to be level at 3-3 I think to have a chance to win this match. If Higgins then went 4-3 ahead it wouldn't be bad, but if he wins this one but goes 4-2 down cant see him recover.

Postby mantorok

Whenever I see Ronnie losing in matches like these I always feel he tries to compete too much tactically and this is having a detrimental effect on his attacking & break building game, which lets face it is still his strongest asset. He clams up rather than playing freely.