Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Looking at the results this season for the likes of Higgins and O'Sullivan, their longevity really does stand out and it's hard not to admire what they're still doing at their respective ages.

The likes of Trump and Selby have also had a good start, but you expect that from them because this is supposed to be their generation.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Allen off on one on Twitter again.

Basically he thinks that every player in the history of the game is rubbish, apart from him.

Is he the chubby Championship player that waddles around the table?

Postby SnookerFan

Mark Allen is becoming a parody of himself, in my opinion.

He obviously doesn't feel his skills warrant being relevant any more, so he just says stupid things on Twitter in an attempt to being edgy and controversial.

It's beyond pathetic that he has to resort to this sort of behaviour in an attempt to keep people caring about him.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Mark Allen off on one on Twitter again.

Basically he thinks that every player in the history of the game is rubbish, apart from him.

Is he the chubby Championship player that waddles around the table?

Was that a serious question?

Postby Andre147

Ronnie can't afford to miss easy shots in this match, otherwise he'll get beaten again by Higgins, just like v Trump and Selby.

Missing sitters are a no no.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:So much for the dominant start I wanted for Ronnie...

Higgins could go 2-0 ahead...

At this moment of time, Ronnie has one major problem in his game: his tactical game is rubbish.
I don't know what's going on with him, it's like he's trying to force things when he can keep it simple.

Postby Andre147

This tactical stuff will only work to Higgin's advantage, just like when he plays Selby.

3-1 down at the worst for the MSI. 4-0 it's game over.

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Cmon John! Chalk up another Ronnie win!

You only show up when he wins a tournament or has a big win over an opponent... didn't see the sight of you when he lost to Selby in the decider at the UK for instance... just 1 of countless examples.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:This tactical stuff will only work to Higgin's advantage, just like when he plays Selby.

3-1 down at the worst for the MSI. 4-0 it's game over.

IMO everytime he plays a safety shot he's forcing it. I dont understand why.
I don't care where the white ends up, as long as my opponent doesn't have a shot on it's a good safety shot.

Postby Andre147

Its like he wants to play the perfect safety, he didn't use to be like that... just play the first shot that comes to mind, most of the times that is the correct one.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Its like he wants to play the perfect safety, he didn't use to be like that... just play the first shot that comes to mind, most of the times that is the correct one.

Couldn't agree more.
He messed up again. Looking like 3-0.