Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Gj and Skullman are two users you really miss. Both contributed good thing to this forum. Hope, they'll be back for the World Championship at least.

More of a chance for GJ to return when Robbo wins another big event than Skull. Selby been dominating the season and he didn't show up.

I enjoy their posts. GJ is a good laugh. Skeleton Man is level-headed and far less pretentious than some other Selby-ites

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:But he should be in his prime now and beating the likes of Milkins without any problems. That's what Ronnie would have done at this age.

Yeah, Trump should've won a world title by now and you have to wonder if he'll do a Jimmy White and keep missing the opportunity, again I think too many players are focusing on their safety game and it's affecting one-visit snooker, Trump had more chance of winning a title when he was potting them off the lampshades.

This is the only thing that bothers me with the state of the game at the moment, so much match play and not enough spectacle, and quality break builders are sacrificing their game for it.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:

I agree with you, Andre, it has been a decent year (2016) for Ronnie. Two tournament wins is only behind Selby for the calendar year.
Trump claimed two, and Higgins likewise took two titles - although neither added to his ranking event total.

So, not all bad for O'Sullivan.
Indeed, the excellent CueTracker shows that he will finish 3rd in the list for snooker prize-money earned during 2016. http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Prize-Money/Won/Year

I didn't realise that, cheers mate!

Maybe it's disappoiting if you consider he should have won at least 1 of his last 3 Finals, but two titles this year is good.

Not been excelent year, but an ok one. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Gj and Skullman are two users you really miss. Both contributed good thing to this forum. Hope, they'll be back for the World Championship at least.

More of a chance for GJ to return when Robbo wins another big event than Skull. Selby been dominating the season and he didn't show up.

Skull is disillusioned with the forum too many crap posters and hes not wrong is he

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

snucar wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:And I do not see any progress in his game. In my opinion his long game will degrade with time and I do not see tactically thin enough to claim to be world champion.

His long game has degraded already, it's not as good as it was 5 years ago which was jaw dropping. But it's still as good as anyone's. I don't agree with what you say about his tactical game. Trump has improved immensely both on safety and tactics. He ain't that naive boy anymore and he's winning tactical battles more often than he's losing. Trump's greatest weakness is the fact he seems to struggle to keep his focus long enough during a match, there's always unforced errors that come up even in moments when it's least expected.

Yes it progressed in the game in safety but I do not know it missing something.

He has no vice, he is not very cunning and besides where he becomes really dangerous it is when he plays with instinct.

In the fight he is rather weak a little like ronnie but ronnie is still more vicious in his game and and mentally it is something else

he is mentally fragile

I do not see him as a great champion despite his talent.

Postby Andre147

Trump will win at least 1 World Title, he wont be like Jimmy White.

It's Ding that worries me though, he may never win one. Hope I'm wrong.

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Most of the times you don't show up.

I'm always here, win or lose, not just when Ronnie puts on a show.

I expect a lot of frequents, myself included, like to view other peoples posts on here and only comment when we actually have something to say, I don't comment much about players except Ronnie and maybe a handful of others.

Doesn't mean we're not here though ;-)

Same here. Most of my comments are about commentators and pundits!

I don't have the knowledge that a lot of you have about the game so I genwrally prefer to read and learn.

Postby Andre147

Milkins may make things interesting and and win 2 more frames, but at worst Trump will win the match 6-4 or 6-5. Can't see him losing, Milkins also tends to choke against the top players when in winning positions.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:Milkins may make things interesting and and win 2 more frames, but at worst Trump will win the match 6-4 or 6-5. Can't see him losing, Milkins also tends to choke against the top players when in winning positions.

You mean 5-3 or 5-4?

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Milkins may make things interesting and and win 2 more frames, but at worst Trump will win the match 6-4 or 6-5. Can't see him losing, Milkins also tends to choke against the top players when in winning positions.

You mean 5-3 or 5-4?

Getting ahead of myself there rofl

Yeah 5-3 or 5-4.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Milkins is a decent player, but he suffers from Robbo syndrome: much of the time he ends up throwing his own game out of the window and getting dragged along by the other player's pace and style.

It was quite noticeable at the Crucible against Selby, he even admitted it himself after the match. The difference between first session Milkins (getting bogged down in disjointed play) and second session Milkins (free-flowing) was like night and day, but left himself far too much to do in the end.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Skull is disillusioned with the forum too many crap posters and hes not wrong is he

Not really sure what it is that you people want from a forum.

Postby TheRocket

Cheshire Cat wrote:Milkins is a decent player, but he suffers from Robbo syndrome: much of the time he ends up throwing his own game out of the window and getting dragged along by the other player's pace and style.

It was quite noticeable at the Crucible against Selby, he even admitted it himself after the match. The difference between first session Milkins (getting bogged down in disjointed play) and second session Milkins (free-flowing) was like night and day, but left himself far too much to do in the end.

I'd agree but to be fair. Selby's capable of forcing his style of play and pace on any player in the world. Unless you keep potting a red and winning the frames in one visit every single time there's no way you can save yourself from that.

Postby hendry_fan

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME

ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

:happy: JOHN HIGGINS!. :happy:

Well thats just wuuuuunderful news,i just checked the scores and what do i see,ONCE AGAIN the WIZARD OF WISHAW beats numpty Ronnie!.

:clap: I,m luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvin it!. :clap:

I,ll catch up with that match on youtube,i,ll save it for a snowy day.

I saw that Ronnie did,nt even make a 50+ break,mind you John <only> hit two,in fact he hit 2 80+ breaks,one bein a century,a *104* which he rattled in in the last frame to daze Ronnie and send him packin.

Tattie bye now Ron,happy christmas. :tree: :-D

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Milkins is a decent player, but he suffers from Robbo syndrome: much of the time he ends up throwing his own game out of the window and getting dragged along by the other player's pace and style.

I'd agree but to be fair. Selby's capable of forcing his style of play and pace on any player in the world. Unless you keep potting a red and winning the frames in one visit every single time there's no way you can save yourself from that.

When in free flow mode Robbo is almost unstopable. I remember well that Quarter-Final match against Trump at the WC. Hawkins is one of the few players who managed to beat him when he was like that, the beast mode Barry at the WC. One of the highest standard of matches you're likely to see.

Postby Andre147

Anything but a Higgins win would be fine. Couldn't stand him move one ranker above Davis and especially Ronnie.

Fu is the one I have my hopes on. Trump will likely fold next round against him, like he always does in everything above 9 frames.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'd say he's wrong. Every forum I've frequented (and there have been a few) have had their share of idiot posters. In my opinion it's not that hard to ignore text on a screen.

Postby TheRocket

I definitely think, the overall standard just a year and half or two years ago was a lot higher than it is now.

The very topplayers like Robertson, Trump, Ronnie playing much weaker now. Murphy isn't the same player since his defeat in the 2015 world final.

Binghams level dropped a lot after his win in the WC, Hawkins hasn't convinced me either apart from his special win over Ronnie this year.

Selby is the only player you have to say, who is playing consistently at a good level. And deservedly won the titles he won. But there's a vacuum atm. And Higgins is benefiting a lot from this situation.

If the weak standard continues Higgins might have a decent chance to win a World title. Selby is the only player atm I'd make clear favourite when playing against Higgins.
Last edited by TheRocket on 16 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby snucar

Andre147 wrote:Anything but a Higgins win would be fine. Couldn't stand him move one ranker above Davis and especially Ronnie.

You give way too much importance on numbers, Andre. What if Higgins gets to 29 rankers? Would that make him officially better than Ronnie or -God help us- Davis? What a tragedy would that be. I'd like to remind all you fans of Ronnie or Higgins that good ol' Davis has 4 UK(!) titles not counting as rankers and he didn't have 20 ranking events to compete every year like these two have today.
Last edited by snucar on 16 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Leave us riff raff alone!