Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Whenever I see Ronnie losing in matches like these I always feel he tries to compete too much tactically and this is having a detrimental effect on his attacking & break building game, which lets face it is still his strongest asset. He clams up rather than playing freely.

That0's what I've been saying all along as well.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:Whenever I see Ronnie losing in matches like these I always feel he tries to compete too much tactically and this is having a detrimental effect on his attacking & break building game, which lets face it is still his strongest asset. He clams up rather than playing freely.

He'll put more pressure on opponents if he dishes up frames and kills them off quickly, playing lots of safety just reeks of a confidence issues and doesn't really put fear into other players.

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He'll put more pressure on opponents if he dishes up frames and kills them off quickly, playing lots of safety just reeks of a confidence issues and doesn't really put fear into other players.

It's like whenever Federer plays Nadal.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Cloud Strife wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It's like whenever Federer plays Nadal.

Yes the same thing.

Nadal has been my nightmare for years.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Ronnie's playing marmite

He might as well lose 5-1 or 5-2, better than recovering and lose the decider like so many times.

Postby LC

ROS getting owned timevand time again when he comes up against Higgins or selby, it's painful to watch because you can tell he's not comfortable against them and just can't bring his A game

Postby Andre147

Been an ok year still, Masters and Welsh Open Champ, reaching another 3 Finals.

Not bad for a 41 year old and to some already unable to win titles...

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:So, has he actually lost. Or is it the MDG version of him losing, in that he's a frame or so behind.

4-1 down.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie should visit Dr Peters and ask him how he can help him in growing some balls when playing the likes of Higgins and Selby.

And how he can treat them like he's treating Carter,Williams,Robertson, Fu, Bingham. Just anyone else.

I bet, even when he's right among the balls in a perfect position, he feels completely different when Higgins is sitting on that other chair and that's why he's messing up straight forward positional shots while against others he would make a century.

I don't mind if he loses this relatively unimportant match but if he plays Higgins at the Masters or especially the World Championship It would make me sick to watch this rubbish again and again.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:So, has he actually lost. Or is it the MDG version of him losing, in that he's a frame or so behind.

He can still win, but a 4-1 deficit is not going to be easy because he's not playing great and the frames are going scrappy.

If he suddenly starts finding his rhythm it could be a different story.

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie should visit Dr Peters and ask him how he can help him in growing some balls when playing the likes of Higgins and Selby.

And how he can treat them like he's treating Carter,Williams,Robertson, Fu, Bingham. Just anyone else.

I bet, even when he's right among the balls in a perfect position, he feels completely different when Higgins is sitting on that other chair and that's why he's messing up straight forward positional shots while against others he would make a century.

I don't mind if he loses this relatively unimportant match but if he plays Higgins at the Masters or especially the World Championship It would make me sick to watch this rubbish again and again.

This is the frustrating thing, he should be crushing Higgins right now, the long it goes on the harder it's going to be for him to snap out of it - or maybe he just doesn't see it the way we do, maybe he's not feeling that and this is all a coincidence, but that I highly doubt :)

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:

Thing is Ronnie can play a sublime tactical game and he's not. He's feeling the pressure and failing to rise above it lately.

Is it lack of motivation? Lack of confidence?

I'm wondering with the number of easy balls he's missing lately if he hasn't encountered a yip or glitch in his stroke.....need a good compilation of them to tell :chin:

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:147 ?

more like Higgins wns 5-1.

rubbish Ron, have a nice Christmas. <ok>

He'll have a better Christmas than John, who probably still can't look himself in the mirror.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:Like I said, been an ok year for Ronnie. Would have liked 1 or 2 more titles, but still ok.

It's a bit like Phil Taylor in darts at the moment, still an extremely capable player but not quite good enough to win as many titles these days.

Still nice to see him competing and not getting frustrated though, the defeats are sooooo much easier to take these days, which I'm happier about.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm so sick of Ronnie always playing crap against Higgins. Or did John play flawless snooker so far?

Ronnie rubbish at times, still missing some sitters, but John too putting him in trouble. Ronnie«'s safety been crap has to be said.