Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Most of the times you don't show up.

I'm always here, win or lose, not just when Ronnie puts on a show.

Im always here in spirit

I think it means that you are there when john higgins plays well and returns the summets like since 2015.

And he is not wrong..

sorry for posting when my favourite wins. ill go back to just reading if it bothers folk so much. ronnie fans are touchy today? :bags:

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:

Im always here in spirit

I think it means that you are there when john higgins plays well and returns the summets like since 2015.

And he is not wrong..

sorry for posting when my favourite wins. ill go back to just reading if it bothers folk so much. ronnie fans are touchy today? :bags:

Not at all. This is an observation.

You're only there when your favorite player is in shape.

Postby Muppet147

TheRocket wrote:Gj and Skullman are two users you really miss. Both contributed good thing to this forum. Hope, they'll be back for the World Championship at least.

Skullman seems to assume that the other posters do not have BBC on their tv. He provides a constant running commentary of every banal incident that happens.

Postby snucar

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote: if higgins robertson selby ding and trump no longer play or very badly the forum is dead.

No worries, mate. There's always the brilliant Mark Allen and his fabulous TWITTER ATTACKS to warm our cold winter days.

Muppet147 wrote:GJ's disappearance coincides with Robbo's complete loss of form. When Robbo drops out of the top 16, we will never see GJ.

In fact if everyone reacted like it, if higgins robertson selby ding and trump no longer play or very badly the forum is dead.

I react inversely

If I see that my favorite player goes through a bad pass it makes me more incentive to encourage him and to be behind him, and to analyze what he is not going in his game.

Come on the forum to say that such is the greatest of all time and that it will never be outdated does not interest me too much.

After it takes all types of fan.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Skullman seems to assume that the other posters do not have BBC on their tv. He provides a constant running commentary of every banal incident that happens.

Unlike the excellent analysis you provide. <doh>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Gj and Skullman are two users you really miss. Both contributed good thing to this forum. Hope, they'll be back for the World Championship at least.

More of a chance for GJ to return when Robbo wins another big event than Skull. Selby been dominating the season and he didn't show up.

Postby snucar

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Trump also has a hard time finding consistency in his game.

So much will he shine on a match, and the next match he's going to be bad.

He did not actually B game either.

Sounds pretty much like Ronnie's first decade as a pro.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Skullman seems to assume that the other posters do not have BBC on their tv. He provides a constant running commentary of every banal incident that happens.

Unlike the excellent analysis you provide. <doh>

There's another real hammer of a poster who copies and pastes Twitter all day. I'm not naming names but I understand he occasionally works as a body double for Stephen Lee.

Postby Andre147

snucar wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Trump also has a hard time finding consistency in his game.

problem is Trump will never be as good as Ronnie, and he'll do very very well to win even half the TC events Ronnie has won.

Since his 2011 UK win never won another.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump isnt really gonna lose this, is he?

Milkins will always hand him chances on a plate, no way will Trump lose this match. I would be very surprised if he did.

snucar wrote:

Yes i agree.

But trump is beginning to age. I'm not saying he's old but it's time he won a world title.

And his last title of the triple crown goes back far and wide.

And I do not see any progress in his game. In my opinion his long game will degrade with time and I do not see tactically thin enough to claim to be world champion.

Postby TheRocket

Trump peak game is almost as good as Ronnies. Just needs to keep holding it for a whole tournament. In 2015 he was playing by far the best Snooker in the WC before choking against Bingham in the semis.

Even though he's not my favourite player I want him to win one World title at least.

Postby snucar

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:And I do not see any progress in his game. In my opinion his long game will degrade with time and I do not see tactically thin enough to claim to be world champion.

His long game has degraded already, it's not as good as it was 5 years ago which was jaw dropping. But it's still as good as anyone's. I don't agree with what you say about his tactical game. Trump has improved immensely both on safety and tactics. He ain't that naive boy anymore and he's winning tactical battles more often than he's losing. Trump's greatest weakness is the fact he seems to struggle to keep his focus long enough during a match, there's always unforced errors that come up even in moments when it's least expected.

Postby SnookerEd25

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:

As long as they're not 'feely'...

Postby snucar

TheRocket wrote:Mark Allen and Mark Williams had some battle over twitter with Allen saying that Williams won his world titles in a weak era.

Mark Allen has some really serious issues with his brain.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Mark Allen and Mark Williams had some battle over twitter with Allen saying that Williams won his world titles in a weak era.

Mark Allen is just doing it for the attention now. He realises he doesn't have the game to stay relevant at the moment.

Postby PoolBoy

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Careful. You're starting to sound like PoolBoy.

We wouldn't want that would we.. <ok>

<laugh>

Disappointed to have missed the game - what an unusual decision to feature it as the lunchtime match!

I agree with you, Andre, it has been a decent year (2016) for Ronnie. Two tournament wins is only behind Selby for the calendar year.
Trump claimed two, and Higgins likewise took two titles - although neither added to his ranking event total.

So, not all bad for O'Sullivan.
Indeed, the excellent CueTracker shows that he will finish 3rd in the list for snooker prize-money earned during 2016. http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Prize-Money/Won/Year

Postby SnookerFan

Whilst we're talking about massive bellends with Twitter accounts, here's CJ from Egghead's opion.

CJ de Mooi ‏@cjdemooi
#homenations I like the 128 format with players having to earn or keep a top 16 place. I think @markwil147 has another tournament in him!