Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Snookerbacker just said on Twitter that Stuart Bingham has withdrawn from The Masters, and Ricky Walden takes his place.

SnookerBacker really annoys me at times... I sometimes like to read his views, but often he thinks of himself as a "know it all", bit like David Hendon for that matter...

He thinks his opinions are the only ones that count, a know it all as I said... Still, it's a nice blog.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Snookerbacker just said on Twitter that Stuart Bingham has withdrawn from The Masters, and Ricky Walden takes his place.

SnookerBacker really annoys me at times... I sometimes like to read his views, but often he thinks of himself as a "know it all", bit like David Hendon for that matter...

He thinks his opinions are the only ones that count, a know it all as I said... Still, it's a nice blog.

I like Snooker Backer's blog / twitter feed, and can have a laugh with the guy, but I know what you mean.

There, for example, he tweeted that Bingham was out and Walden was in. Then he deleted it, tweeted that it wasn't necessarily the case, and posted a link to a story that said Bingham might pull out because his wife was soon to give birth. I'd taken it as official news, before I realised it wasn't.

Got no problem with the guy, though.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

Really? I quite like his posts.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:...to the most overrated tournament of the year.

Oh, do you not like it?

Funny, I don't remember you ever mentioning it? :chin:

Smart was the same if I remember.

I always liked this tournament, one table setup, and it's huge history behind it. You won't see any mugs winning this one, when a player wins it, it's on merit beating the best players in the world.

I hope Ronnie gets a record 7th Masters, with 11 Finals this is no doubt the tournament he has most sucess in, I don't even count Premier League.

Postby TheSaviour

Now thinking about this, both Mark Selby and Ronnie O´Sullivan have a lot to prove here. I mean, the more I have thought about that Mark Davis 147, the more I reckon that´s exactly the way snooker should be play at. But even if Mavis would be here he would be nowhere near to be any favourite to progress not to even mention winning the tournament. Other players just have more class. But that´s nothing away from Mark, one can only give his/her best shot, play the game the way it should be played at, and perhaps even trying to promote the game of snooker, overally. I also see Bazza having a good chance to win the whole thing. He just have a very difficult first round match, against an on-song Shaun Murphy. Shaun is saying his game is very good right now, and I certainly can agree with that. I see that match can go either way. Obviously that´s the case with all the matches here but that is a complete 50-50 match, Shaun vs Bazza. Barry is the only player who can "play with the averages". He is controlling the cue ball really nicely, not allowing any slips. Which is exceptional, even on here. And he is the last player who have beat Ronnie at the Crucible Theatre. That´s something all the knowledge fans are still rating high.

That´s a much more important information to me. To be honest.

I have not been hailing Mark Davis just because he has last made the 147. Well, he even isn´t playing here. I just wanted to mention it a one more time because it was that much well played. I think I a have enough knowledge and experience to put these kind of things and maximums into the perspective. Time goes by and so on.. It was a case of.. Quiet... Genius at work. Similar than when Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson was once playing really well. He just ruled the game with that serve. It was a rock solid but still super. Which was exceptional even when comparing it to the likes of Boris Becker, Mark Phillippoussis, Pete Sampras, Ivo Karlovic or Andy Roddick. That was Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson. Used to be S..lova. And now it is K..lova. rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="TheSaviour"]Now thinking about this, both Mark Selby and Ronnie O´Sullivan have a lot to prove here. I mean, the more I have thought about that Mark Davis 147, the more I reckon that´s exactly the way snooker should be play at. But even if Mavis would be here he would be nowhere near to be any favourite to progress not to even mention winning the tournament. Other players just have more class. But that´s nothing away from Mark, one can only give his/her best shot, play the game the way it should be played at, and perhaps even trying to promote the game of snooker, overally. I also see Bazza having a good chance to win the whole thing. He just have a very difficult first round match, against an on-song Shaun Murphy. Shaun is saying his game is very good right now, and I certainly can agree with that. I see that match can go either way. Obviously that´s the case with all the matches here but that is a complete 50-50 match, Shaun vs Bazza. Barry is the only player who can "play with the averages". He is controlling the cue ball really nicely, not allowing any slips. Which is exceptional, even on here. And he is the last player who have beat Ronnie at the Crucible Theatre. That´s something all the knowledge fans are still rating high.

I have not been hailing Mark Davis just because he has last made the 147. Well, he even isn´t playing here. I just wanted to mention it a one more time because it was that much well played. I think I a have enough knowledge and experience to put these kind of things and maximums into the perspective. Time goes by and so on.. It was a case of.. Quiet... Genius at work. Similar than when Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson was once playing really well. He just ruled the game with that serve. It was a rock solid but still super. Which was exceptional even when comparing it to the likes of Boris Becker, Mark Phillippoussis, Pete Sampras, Ivo Karlovic or Andy Roddick. That was Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson. Used to be S..lova. And now it is K..lova. rofl rofl rofl rofl

rofl rofl

:cracker: *Happy new year* TheSaviour :cracker:

It indeed was a :cracker: *147* from Mavis,i,m extremly pleased for him. :clap:

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:Now thinking about this, both Mark Selby and Ronnie O´Sullivan have a lot to prove here. I mean, the more I have thought about that Mark Davis 147, the more I reckon that´s exactly the way snooker should be play at. But even if Mavis would be here he would be nowhere near to be any favourite to progress not to even mention winning the tournament. Other players just have more class. But that´s nothing away from Mark, one can only give his/her best shot, play the game the way it should be played at, and perhaps even trying to promote the game of snooker, overally. I also see Bazza having a good chance to win the whole thing. He just have a very difficult first round match, against an on-song Shaun Murphy. Shaun is saying his game is very good right now, and I certainly can agree with that. I see that match can go either way. Obviously that´s the case with all the matches here but that is a complete 50-50 match, Shaun vs Bazza. Barry is the only player who can "play with the averages". He is controlling the cue ball really nicely, not allowing any slips. Which is exceptional, even on here. And he is the last player who have beat Ronnie at the Crucible Theatre. That´s something all the knowledge fans are still rating high.

So what you're saying is, Save, if i've understood you correctly : Do not ask for credit, as a refusal often offends? :shrug:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:It's today. :D

:happy:

:cracker: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!. :cracker:

My *2017* has started brilliantly,i fell down the stairs and i buckin sprained my ankle.

It did,nt happen on the friday the 13th btw and i was,nt drunk neither,it happened on the 9th,since then,i,ve been stuck at home,in bed,lyin on my sofa a lot. :-(

It,s still a bit black n blue and swollen,and i canny walk right,but it,s slowly but surely healin.

Ah well,at least the Masters is now on and that Snooker Island will liven up again. :happy:

I hope the Scots or at least some of them produce good snooker this year,that they go far in tourneys or even go as far as winning some tourneys.

I also hope that pumpkin Ronnie gets his bottom spanked a lot and that he does,nt win this years Masters + that he does,nt win any ranking tourney. ;-) :-D

Postby Rockettim147

hendry_fan wrote:

Hope Ronnie overtakes Hendry with 7 masters

My *2017* has started brilliantly,i fell down the stairs and i buckin sprained my ankle.

It did,nt happen on the friday the 13th btw and i was,nt drunk neither,it happened on the 9th,since then,i,ve been stuck at home,in bed,lyin on my sofa a lot. :-(

It,s still a bit black n blue and swollen,and i canny walk right,but it,s slowly but surely healin.

Ah well,at least the Masters is now on and that Snooker Island will liven up again. :happy:

I hope the Scots or at least some of them produce good snooker this year,that they go far in tourneys or even go as far as winning some tourneys.

I also hope that pumpkin Ronnie gets his bottom spanked a lot and that he does,nt win this years Masters + that he does,nt win any ranking tourney. ;-) :-D

Postby Rockettim147

hendry_fan wrote:

Hope Ronnie overtakes Hendry with 7 masters