Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Mark Selby v Mark J Williams

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:The last reason I mentioned Wild is more than enough for me to have full belief in Ronnie's capabilities in another possible Final against Selby. Plus he would get a sweet revenge for the UK.

But in all honesty you would like him out of the way as soon as possible.

I Can honesty say hand on Heart i want Selby to play Ronnie in every final.

They are the Best 2 players on the plannet by a mile at the moment

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Cruel if MJW loes this match due to that kick on the blue but that's Snooker I'm afraid...

He also needs to look at the missed golden chances in frames 7 and 9.

Couldn't agree more. Mark was very unlucky to get that kick, but it's his bad positional play that forced him to play the blue instead of the pink.

Postby hendry_fan

Pots a blue,cannons a red away from a cushion,pots it,then pots the green,splits the reds off it,lands on nuthin easy,but pulls out a good pot to the middle,keepin the break goin,

He ends up knockin in a 89 break.

FRAME N MATCH= MARK SELBY!.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

How many matches did MJW lose due kicks in deciders and mentally being a fart all match since 2008?

Uk champ QF vs carter in 2008

against JH at the uk, wc in the 2010/2010 season

matches against vs ronnie at the master last year and 2010

perry in the players champ final

vs selby in the shanghai final

vs stu in the AO final

vs trump in the World grand prix quarters

vs higgins in the china champ.

abd the list will go on

Postby Andre147

Selby made a very good point in his post-.match interview... saying he would have punched that blue in instead of rolling it in to take the kick out of the equation.

But he also said rolling balls in that's how MJW plays.

ANother reason why kicks are mostly caused due to poor cueing.

Postby hendry_fan

WHAT A MATCH!!!!!!!!.

Although i,m bl**dy exhausted. <laugh>

Feel very sorry from Williams,did,nt deserve that horrendous kick.

He said recently that nuthin bovers him and he did,nt mean it sarcasticly,i don,t buy that at all,sure he,s laid back,but i,m sure there are some things that bover him,his 6-5 loss last year to Ronnie i,m sure bovered him and especially this loss will bover him,boy,even for him,thats gonna be a very tough one to have to take.

And the hogwash he spouts out about,he,s not bovered bout winnin,well,he,s just as bad as Ronnie,COME ON!,give us a buckin break,deep down,they want to win alright. <laugh>

Well done to Selby,what a crackin break to win that match,a Selby special,although,of course he was a very lucky laddie tday,that kick enabled him to have the chance to make it in the first place.

Hard luck MJW,what a bitter,cruel loss!. :sad:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:Selby made a very good point in his post-.match interview... saying he would have punched that blue in instead of rolling it in to take the kick out of the equation.

But he also said rolling balls in that's how MJW plays.

ANother reason why kicks are mostly caused due to poor cueing.

Fu's kick against Ronnie is honestly probably one of the worst i've seen. No bad cueing or anything there, just a monstrous contact that somehow made a dead certain pot go wide of the pocket. It gets worse every time you watch it.

Postby sas6789

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:The last reason I mentioned Wild is more than enough for me to have full belief in Ronnie's capabilities in another possible Final against Selby. Plus he would get a sweet revenge for the UK.

Wouldn't say by a mile.

Postby Iranu

So Williams has lost another match because of a kick?

Well, I don't think he can put it down to luck because the way he plays invites them.

Interestingly, he and Trump play pots so differently and yet both seem to get more kicks than anyone else.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

Really? I'm not buying this. With the first part I obviously believe you, but not with the second part. If I was a Selbyfan I would like to see Selby vs O'Sullivan in every final as well but not because both are the best players like you say but because of knowing how poorly Ronnie can play these days, missing sitters all the time. Just the perfect opportunity to gloat over a likely win as a Selbyfan.

If you truly believe O'Sullivan is still the same player he was like 3 or 4 years ago you're very wrong.
It'd be the same if I was saying in 2012-2014 that I want ROS to play Higgins all the time because Higgins was in a bad shape. And I knew Ronnie would win 90% of their matches. I'm not saying Ronnie atm is as bad as Higgins was back then but atm I expect Ronnie to lose against the first guy who plays proper Snooker against him.

Postby Andre147

A bit harsh on Ronnie there TR... He's reached 3 Finals this season remember, yes didn't manage to win any of them, but he did reach them nonetheless. Only Selby has 3 Finals this season as well.

The sitters Ronnie's missing against them are worrying, but he's been playing good Snooker since probably the CoC.

To say you're expecting him to lose to the frst guy who plays proper Snooker is harsh to say the least and just isn't true.

You'll see him win a title soon and be back in that killing mode groove.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I'd go mad if I was MJW. The amount of defeats or matches he shouldn't have lost in the last bucking 7 years or so. I mean, that surely must hurt. Even for someone who pretends he doesn't care.

It must be the most painful thing to have MJW as your favourite player like Savo here has... shame he can't follow the same paths as Ronnie and Higgins have done.