Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Joe Perry v Ding Junhui

Postby hendry_fan

I saw the first few frames last night,watched the rest on youtube.

Well,yet another marvellous performance from Ding,the less said the better what he served up.

TBF,though,he did score more points than Smurph scored in his match against The Hawk. :roll: :-D

Congrats to Joe,played ok,nuthin special,clearly outplayed Ding,finished him off with a nice *127*. <ok>

It,s a great achievement for him,as it puts him in his first ever semi-final at the Masters,he only got as far as the 1/4,s once,which was back in 2008,so good on him in beatin that.

Total points scored:

Perry= 570

Ding= 191

Postby snucar

TheRocket wrote:Ding has never been the same player after 2013/2014. He reached the Crucible final and won in Shangai but he's just lacking of something. He just doesn't have that extra gear anymore which made him special and capable of dominating his opponents on a good day. Looks just like an average top 16 player at most.

Spot on analysis. I've been saying that 3 years now but some people keep insisting seeing Ding as a top player. I know that I sound quite harsh but his game the past 3 years has been garbage really. His long potting is rubbish, his safety is average and his overall game is quite negative because he's lacking confidence. The only thing he has going for him is when he's in the balls he can still score well but that's something that other 30 players can do as well. Yes, he reached the world final last year but he didn't play anything special really. Quite a fluke of a result, IMO. It's good to be Terry Griffiths these days, sucking money out of players like Ding or Allen.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:Was he garbage the season he won five rankers?

Surely constituency is the issue. Blows hot and cold.

Of course he wasn't but like I said it's been 3 years now since that season which is quite a significant gap. I don't think consistency is his problem either. Great performances of him come very rarely really. He's going from average to Q-school bad. And talking about THAT season, facts prove that "unique" season has made look Ding a far better player than he really was. Facts prove that season was a magnificent exception and not the rule.