Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Joe Perry v Ding Junhui

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The racism is Wikipedia's, it isn't mine.

After your drunken comments last night, I wouldn't be so sure.

My bad.

You were horrible. Particularly to Andre.

Was I? What did I say?

You said at one point 'everyone who ever loved you was wrong', then you accused him repeatedly of being Jewish in a bizarre turn of events.

Postby TheRocket

Ding has never been the same player after 2013/2014. He reached the Crucible final and won in Shangai but he's just lacking of something. He just doesn't have that extra gear anymore which made him special and capable of dominating his opponents on a good day. Looks just like an average top 16 player at most.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Perry hammering Ding 4-0 with a high break of 55.

Oh the standard is through the roof.

That would be great standard in the 80s <cool>

80s players didn't get to play on generous cloths and buckets.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Perry hammering Ding 4-0 with a high break of 55.

Oh the standard is through the roof.

That would be great standard in the 80s <cool>

80s players didn't get to play on generous cloths and buckets.

Cloths were much tickher I'll give you that. On the other hand, pockets were a bit larger, Davis and a few other players have said as much countless times. Pockets may be generous in these BBC tournaments, but not as they were back then.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ding has never been the same player after 2013/2014. He reached the Crucible final and won in Shangai but he's just lacking of something. He just doesn't have that extra gear anymore which made him special and capable of dominating his opponents on a good day. Looks just like an average top 16 player at most.

Which is a true shame. The defeat to Wasley will haunt his career forever.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ding has never been the same player after 2013/2014. He reached the Crucible final and won in Shangai but he's just lacking of something. He just doesn't have that extra gear anymore which made him special and capable of dominating his opponents on a good day. Looks just like an average top 16 player at most.

Michael Wasley also was never the same after that match <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Neal Foulds keeps saying that Ding is earning huge money in China, just for appearing in TV, exhibitions, whatever and this might harm his motivation in terms of Snooker. Well, if that's true and I think it probably is, I can even see him retiring early. Like at 35 or 36 (mid-thirties), especially if he finally wins the World Championship until then.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Neal Foulds keeps saying that Ding is earning huge money in China, just for appearing in TV, exhibitions, whatever and this might harm his motivation in terms of Snooker. Well, if that's true he and I think it probably is, I can even see him retiring early. Like at 35 or 36 (mid-thirties), especially if he finally wins the World Championship until then.

That would be a huge loss to snooker.