Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Marco Fu v Mark Allen

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:3-1 Fu, not counting Allen out just yet but has to take every chance he can from now can't see Fu dropping a gear.

Me neither, think he'll probably win 6-3 or 6-4.

Fu or Allen?

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Allen made buck of that frame.

And of his careers, let's face it.

You should post a list of your career achievements, for the sake of comparison.

If I make a mistake in my job, people could die.

:chin: Really?

Only if I drive home. rofl

Postby Cheshire Cat

I would like Marco. It'd make for a nice rematch between him and Ronnie after the UK.

In fact, I wouldn't complain if Marco won the entire event.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:At present, Eurosport are a more entertaining than BBC.

Eurosport wants to improve and you just have the feeling, they're trying their best to entertain us. With BBC it's the complete opposite. I have the feeling, showing Snooker is like a burden for them

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:

Eurosport wants to improve and you just have the feeling, they're trying their best to entertain us. With BBC it's the complete opposite. I have the feeling, showing Snooker is like a burden for them

I disagree, I think the bbc have been loyal to snooker and the coverage is generally good but are limited on what they can show, they also cater to the general audience. Whether that's good for snooker is another thing.

I like that eurosport have added studio and analysis to quite a few tournaments but could do without Jimmy attempting shots 5 times at msi. Currently I think ITV have the best balance of good commentary and analysis would like to see some features though.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:

There was a point that I thought the BBC were the bees, and that Eurosport were a cheapo India obsessed shithole.

Nowadays, my knowledge of the sport has improved. I've noticed how bad the BBCs knowledge is. Interactive match choice doesn't exist. BBC have fired Everton and never use Foulds. Eurosport have started having expert analysis.

I hate to admit this, because I'd prefer snooker be on freeview as much as possible. But this tournament's coverage, Eurosport has ruled.

Postby Pink Ball

I can never understand the mindset of people who throw their nose up at a person's opinion just because they can't play the game. Very snooty.

It doesn't make sense. It's like claiming Dennis Taylor's opinion on snooker matters more than Clive Everton's just because he was a better player.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:I can never understand the mindset of people who throw their nose up at a person's opinion just because they can't play the game. Very snooty.

It doesn't make sense. It's like claiming Dennis Taylor's opinion on snooker matters more than Clive Everton's just because he was a better player.

There was a poster here, think it was Cannonball, who kept saying anyone who doesn't play to a half decent standard knows nothing of the game rofl <doh>

It's also like saying anyone who didn't live during WW2 knows nothing about the Holocaust and that sort of thing...

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Marco has hardly missed a long pot in this event, and he's gone for plenty.

He's hardly missed a long pot since the Scottish Open lol.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Speaking of Clive Everton.. I miss his commentary so much! I hate the BBC for sacking him. What a travesty. The man was born to commentate on snooker, no one is more passionate and knowledgeable than Clive!

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Speaking of Clive Everton.. I miss his commentary so much! I hate the BBC for sacking him. What a travesty. The man was born to commentate on snooker, no one is more passionate and knowledgeable than Clive!

Taylor is the one who should have long been sacked!

If the Beeb asked Clive to return, I guess he would stuck up two fingers at them! ITV knows Clive's value and I'm glad he comms on those tournaments, plus the CL.

Postby Andre147

Never seen Fu play with such freedom!

If he comes through this one which is more than likely now, Ronnie will have a very tough match in his hands just like the UK Semi.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Marco's stats for this match are pretty clinical. 95%-ish pot success, 95% safety success. Long pot success has to be pretty high as well I imagine.

Postby Andre147

Fu in marvelous form atm... if he wins this match he's on an 11 match winning streak...

Fun fact is Ronnie in 2015 Semis here also came on a 11 match winning sreak, Robbo stopped him in his tracks.

Time for Ronnie to do the same thing.