Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robert

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Everyone down because Ronnie came through a scrappy match, he can't perform 100% all the time! He won and that's all that matters and all that should matter.

Ronnie could win 6-0 with six 147s, and people on here would critic his performance.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

SnookerFan wrote:I had tickets to Stuart Binghan vs Steve Davis in 2006 and Mark Allen vs Joe Perry a couple of years back.

If that's the worst match you guys have ever seen, you are lucky.

<laugh>

He said: " one of worst matchs..." shade.

I think it's exaggerated but we can not say that it was a great match.

Let's say that the two players did not succeed in raising the level yet it was good on the first two frames.

After everyone has had several opportunities. It was to him who made fewer mistakes.
Game draft.

And I repeat I did not say that Ronnie played as an amateur or that he does not have the level but I just said that he made a lot of mistakes (especially on the brown)

His performance as was previously cited at the 2015 masters in semi final against that same roberston was much worse .

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Everyone down because Ronnie came through a scrappy match, he can't perform 100% all the time! He won and that's all that matters and all that should matter.

Ronnie could win 6-0 with six 147s, and people on here would critic his performance.

rofl

How you found his level today ?

His game: A, B, C?

Postby SnookerFan

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:One would say that one has no right to make an observation , to evaluate the performance of the player being supported.

Good then it will be: "it was wonderful, he is unplayable since the beginning of the tournament, give him already the title! "

Do you sometimes post as The Saviour?

SnookerFan wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:One would say that one has no right to make an observation , to evaluate the performance of the player being supported.

Good then it will be: "it was wonderful, he is unplayable since the beginning of the tournament, give him already the title! "

Do you sometimes post as The Saviour?

?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Really happy Ronnie won. At this stage, that's all that matters.

Absolutely. As long as Ronnie can win matches / and some titles I'm all good. Also it's not like he doesn't knock in the big breaks any more. He's just making more simply errors compared to a couple of years ago. But that had to happen some day, didn't it? We can count ourselves very fortunate it didn't happen sooner actually.

You said it all there.

Imagine if Ronnie followed the same path as MJW... he might have retired by now <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Really happy Ronnie won. At this stage, that's all that matters.

Absolutely. As long as Ronnie can win matches / and some titles I'm all good. Also it's not like he doesn't knock in the big breaks any more. He's just making more simply errors compared to a couple of years ago. But that had to happen some day, didn't it? We can count ourselves very fortunate it didn't happen sooner actually.

You said it all there.

Imagine if Ronnie followed the same path as MJW... he might have retired by now <laugh>

He says he has 3-4 years left at the top and that he's gonna retire when he feels he can no longer compete with the best.
I hope he'll continue to play into his 50's, just like Jimmy and Steve.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Ronnie should retire when Carter beats him in a match.

Yes that will be the sign of "ok if Carter manages to beat me, time to give the cue a rest" <laugh>

I hope he continues to plays until he's 50, and despite everything he says year after year, I believe he will.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

If Ronnie died tomorrow, we waited ten years, and Carter played his rotting corpse, Ronnie would probably still win.

Murphy would still blame kicks.

pmsl

Postby Andy Spark

I am thinking, based on cue tracker, that this win puts Ronnie above Hendry in total career prize money. Not that significant maybe, but considering the fuss the commentators make about number of centuries and 147's...

Postby sas6789

Andre147 wrote:

Yes that will be the sign of "ok if Carter manages to beat me, time to give the cue a rest" <laugh>

I hope he continues to plays until he's 50, and despite everything he says year after year, I believe he will.

Of course he will, he only makes those retirement threats to get into the headlines, nothing more.

Postby Rockettim147

SnookerFan wrote:Performances are important, but results are vital.

Selby might beat Ronnie. Nobody else will. Even Fu, who has a decent record, loses.

If you are a Ronnie fan, stop pretending he can't play.

I am a huge Ronnie fan... But I have to say he really needs to up his game to beat Fu.

Postby Rockettim147

Cheshire Cat wrote:I didn't fancy Ronnie today in all honesty. I thought Robbo might have upped his game, but seems not. It was poor stuff.

This feels sort of similar to 2015 when Ronnie was just sort of scraping through, and then when he came up against a player in decent form (Robbo in the semis), he got demolished.

That could happen against Fu sadly