Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robert

Postby Alex0paul

One of the worst matches I've ever seen. Robertson looks so scared and low on confidence and O'Sullivan has had an incredible run of the ball.

Hopefully tonight's match is much better.

Postby snucar

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:You can not say that the performance of Ronnie since the beginning of the masters is stronger than that of marco fu for example.

Ronnie's performance so far is better to Bingham's only but that's not a tough achievement since I consider Bingo by far the weakest top 16 player. Marco Fu is a serious contender.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

snucar wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:You can not say that the performance of Ronnie since the beginning of the masters is stronger than that of marco fu for example.

Ronnie's performance so far is better to Bingham's only but that's not a tough achievement since I consider Bingo by far the weakest top 16 player. Marco Fu is a serious contender.

I agree.

Shaun Murphy was catastrophic last night.

SnookerFan wrote:Performances are important, but results are vital.

Selby might beat Ronnie. Nobody else will. Even Fu, who has a decent record, loses.

If you are a Ronnie fan, stop pretending he can't play.

No one said he can not play. We just say that since the beginning of the season he has difficulty to be constant

We say that because precisely it is ronnie o'sullivan a genius of the snooker And that he can play better no ?

You can not deny that today it was far from being sparkling and that Sunday wembo could have eliminated it.

This black was still not so difficult.

Postby TheRocket

poor match. poor standard with Ronnie having the run of the balls. I think Robbo could be scared of Ronnie. He's no Carter but he's never looked comfortable playing Ronnie. Not today and not in the past either. Ronnie beat him in too many important matches which I think affect him.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I didn't fancy Ronnie today in all honesty. I thought Robbo might have upped his game, but seems not. It was poor stuff.

This feels sort of similar to 2015 when Ronnie was just sort of scraping through, and then when he came up against a player in decent form (Robbo in the semis), he got demolished.

Cheshire Cat wrote:I didn't fancy Ronnie today in all honesty. I thought Robbo might have upped his game, but seems not. It was poor stuff.

This feels sort of similar to 2015 when Ronnie was just sort of scraping through, and then when he came up against a player in decent form (Robbo in the semis), he got demolished.

I agree.

6-1 for Robbo that day.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:I didn't fancy Ronnie today in all honesty. I thought Robbo might have upped his game, but seems not. It was poor stuff.

I also felt Robbo would up his game and take advantage of Ronnie's poor match, but he just didn't.

TR is right, Ron has beaten him in too many important matches so Robbo definately isn't like Trump, Selby or Higgins, those are the 3 players that scare Ronnie the most.

I hope Ronnie ups his game and not like 2015 when he got battered as you say when someone played decent stuff.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:TR is right, Ron has beaten him in too many important matches so Robbo definately isn't like Trump, Selby or Higgins, those are the 3 players that scare Ronnie the most.

IMO Ronnie is scared the most by Higgins (who he also admires in a way) and Selby.
Trump is not in that bracket yet, cause his all-round game is not quite at the same level as the other 2.
IMO Ronnie fancies his chances a lot more against Trump than he does against Selby or Higgins.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:Really happy Ronnie won. At this stage, that's all that matters.

Absolutely. As long as Ronnie can win matches / and some titles I'm all good. Also it's not like he doesn't knock in the big breaks any more. He's just making more simply errors compared to a couple of years ago. But that had to happen some day, didn't it? We can count ourselves very fortunate it didn't happen sooner actually.