Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robert

Postby Dan-cat

Was amazed to read the comments on here that it hadn't been a great match. It was a fascinating encounter. Flukes, misses, flashes of sheer genius from both players, ace tactical battles.

Give me that sort of game over every frame won in one visit any day.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Was amazed to read the comments on here that it hadn't been a great match. It was a fascinating encounter. Flukes, misses, flashes of sheer genius from both players, ace tactical battles.

It had a bit of everything no doubt, but the big breaks were missing.

Not saying a great match is only defined by that, but they were far from their best. Ronnie won, that's all that matters. Some here are too quick to criticise Ronnie as well, because if Selby had won that match they'd be saying it was great match play snooker. Ronnie can also dig in deep and not play his best and win many matches.

I reckon though he needs to up his game 2 or 3 gears, if he doeesn't then Fu will hammer him just like Robbo did 2 years ago.

Postby sundaygirl

Dan-cat wrote:Was amazed to read the comments on here that it hadn't been a great match. It was a fascinating encounter. Flukes, misses, flashes of sheer genius from both players, ace tactical battles.

You just rate it because you were there.
A half decent match seems brilliant just cause you're there, especially if your favourite wins.
A brilliant match on the television is off the charts amazing live, even if your prefer player loses.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:

You just rate it because you were there.
A half decent match seems brilliant just cause you're there, especially if your favourite wins.
A brilliant match on the television is off the charts amazing live, even if your prefer player loses.

You were there with good company. That helps.