Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Barry Hawkins v Mark Selby

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I would love to see a rematch of the 2007 Masters final

That would be good yes.

But if it were to be a rematch of last year Hawkins wouldn't fold like a pack of cards, his win at the Crucible surely gave him massive confidence everytime he faces Ronnie from now on.

Too early to think about it though, Ron has to get past the man to beat atm and end his 11 match winning streak just like Robbo did 2 years ago.

Right. Also I have to add that Marco Fu would really deserve to win such a huge title.

Postby Iranu

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I would love to see a rematch of the 2007 Masters final

That would be good yes.

But if it were to be a rematch of last year Hawkins wouldn't fold like a pack of cards, his win at the Crucible surely gave him massive confidence everytime he faces Ronnie from now on.

Too early to think about it though, Ron has to get past the man to beat atm and end his 11 match winning streak just like Robbo did 2 years ago.

Right. Also I have to add that Marco Fu would really deserve to win such a huge title.

He only deserves it if he wins it.

In terms of Hawkins, I'm not sure how much the worlds win will help him - that was a complete anomaly and I'm sure he knows that. In a final I'd expect Ronnie to win relatively comfortably.

How was today's match in terms of quality? I was at work so I only caught snippets when I was able to sneak a peek.

Postby TheRocket

Havent seen anything but I'm not surprised at all Barry won. He'd beaten Selby in big matches before so that wasn't a shocker at all today. In fact, I believe, Selby doesn't like to play Hawkins at all. He and Allen are two players who trouble Selby quite a lot.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Havent seen anything but I'm not surprised at all Barry won. He'd beaten Selby in big matches before so that wasn't a shocker at all today. In fact, I believe, Selby doesn't like to play Hawkins at all. He and Allen are two players who trouble Selby quite a lot.

I fully agree. Hawkins and Allen often bring their best against Selby. They are not fussed by his comeback strength and tactical finesse.