Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Perry has missed the boat. An inevitable boring procession.

The state of snooker these days is so bad. I would love a return to the early 00s era.

If it were Perry doing this you would love the "boring precession" :wave:

It wouldn't be a procession though. Everyone knows the match is over. Perry has gone mentally.

He should never be in a Masters final but because there is nothing coming through the game is stagnating and players like Perry/Bingham are contesting major finals.

I genuinely think Hendry regrets retiring as I'm sure he'd have won at least one title in the period after his retirement.

nope hendry wouldnt.

wow what a miss

The way the tables play now his game would've suited them.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie's looking good now. This man still has it in him to win many titles, including world championships. No doubt. Still the best. Can't play like a genius all the time...

That's what some don't understand.... at 41 and still winning titles... :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie playing "rubbish" is still a brilliant player. He still has it in him to up his game at any moment. Just struggling a bit with the new tip..

This pretense that Ronnie is a good player is kind of dull, dude.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie's looking good now. This man still has it in him to win many titles, including world championships. No doubt. Still the best. Can't play like a genius all the time...

That's what some don't understand.... at 41 and still winning titles... :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

:hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:It's been Selby-esque from O'Sullivan tonight. The safety / respect for Joe is water-tight.

That's also what some dont understand. Ronnie cant play brilliant all the time, but if he can win finals like this playing below his best like Selby so often does, then all credit to him.

Its been a bit annoying he cant produce his A game in finals lately, but if he can win them without it, then that's good.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Yeah, know what you mean. The current O'Sullivan is just the more complete player. The old one wasn't due to his mental instability and had to many fragile moments.

I think, there was just one moment or little period in the history when we truly had peak O'Sullivan (in terms of ability/standard he played) in combination with the right attitude/mental strength/competitiveness.

The period from the 2004 Welsh Open until that famous world quarter final against Ebdon in 2005. A shame it ended so quickly but it was the most brillant Snooker I've seen from anyone. Reardon obviously played a huge part in that.

Some people blame Reardon for turning ronnie in to a complete player and therefor dented his brilliance...

i think thats bullocks Ronnie is older concentration changes he still as capable to play to a brilliant standard it just not happening as often as some of you unrealistically expect

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Most players can hardly pot a ball with a new tip. Ronnie's done it all: new tip, new cue, no shoes, left handed, right handed...

...bad back, broken ankle...nothing stops this man.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Most players can hardly pot a ball with a new tip. Ronnie's done it all: new tip, new cue, no shoes, left handed, right handed...

Haha well said <laugh> :hatoff:

Ronnie very focused this evening, here to win this without too much fuss.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:

...bad back, broken ankle...nothing stops this man.

<laugh> <ok> :hatoff: