Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Iranu

There are definitely aspects of Ronnie's game that have (sorry for using the word) declined in the last year or so though, and I will maintain that regardless of how many people disagree with me. His positional play, pack splitting and safety have all gotten worse, although his safety has improved again in recent months.

As a counter to that his temperament and "matchplay" (ugh) have improved.

Be nice to see Ronnie close the match out with a couple of big breaks - they've been lacking today.

Postby Iranu

Back to the game, how often do we see it, a player is 4+ frames behind and they start playing great stuff, only to start missing easy balls again once they get within touching distance. I can only imagine how frustrating that must feel.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:IF Ronnie wins I'm looking forward to watching his next tournament, he won the this last year not to dissimilar and then played fantastic at the welsh.

German Masters, satring on the 1st of February. He has fond memories of the place, where his career revived.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
He didn't play badly in all of them. For example, he only lost by the odd frame to Trump, who had to play well to beat him.

That's a fair point. And again I'm pretty sure I made a similar point at the time.

I still don't think he's played well today despite his lead. He hasn't been dreadful but he'd be losing to a Trump/Higgins/Selby right now.

I just feel he's more of a complete player now. Before, he'd be at his best or at his worst. No in between.

I don't like him as a person, I never will. I've just always respected hus ability. Annoying though I find the BBC worship, I just can't understand people, fans of his or otherwise, who act like he's going to lose every time he misses a shot.

Probably my problem, not others.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:IF Ronnie wins I'm looking forward to watching his next tournament, he won the this last year not to dissimilar and then played fantastic at the welsh.

German Masters, satring on the 1st of February. He has fond memories of the place, where his career revived.

Fantastic tournament, only problem is not enough televised matches.

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:both have cases to not be in the tournament anymore. perry was technically out, ronnie virtually.

the winner should share his cheque with Wenbo/Barry

That's the funniest thing you've ever said on this forum.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Fantastic tournament, only problem is not enough televised matches.

Yeah, German Masters has always been a weird one that way.