Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Perry has missed the boat. An inevitable boring procession.

The state of snooker these days is so bad. I would love a return to the early 00s era.

If it were Perry doing this you would love the "boring precession" :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:SF your posts about Ronnie getting very very annoying now... it's not black and white that Ronnie either plays brilliant or rubbish. He's not been playing great in Finals, PERIOD!

That doesn't mean we're saying he cant win titles anymore, only MDG does that.

Ronnie is still good enough to win them, but nowhere near the player he was between 2012/2014.

Then why are we acting like he's a disgrace of a player? He's clearly not.

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Also Ronnie seems to be very comfortable so far. He was tense and anxious in the afternoon.

The mental lead will have done a great deal for him.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:

The state of snooker these days is so bad. I would love a return to the early 00s era.

It wouldn't be a procession though. Everyone knows the match is over. Perry has gone mentally.

He should never be in a Masters final but because there is nothing coming through the game is stagnating and players like Perry/Bingham are contesting major finals.

I genuinely think Hendry regrets retiring as I'm sure he'd have won at least one title in the period after his retirement.

Postby Cheshire Cat

It's quite amazing how much better O'Sullivan plays when he has Steve Peters at the arena. I remember him saying he couldn't have him all the time because he has other commitments, but he would have him there all the time if he could.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:SF your posts about Ronnie getting very very annoying now... it's not black and white that Ronnie either plays brilliant or rubbish. He's not been playing great in Finals, PERIOD!

That doesn't mean we're saying he cant win titles anymore, only MDG does that.

Ronnie is still good enough to win them, but nowhere near the player he was between 2012/2014.

Then why are we acting like he's a disgrace of a player? He's clearly not.

Christ on a bucking bike.

For the third time in 20 minutes: nobody is saying that.

Saying that somebody is playing badly is not the same as calling them a bad player. There was lots of praise for how Ronnie ended up 4-4 DESPITE the fact that he wasn't playing well.

If it was Selby grinding his way to 4-4 while not playing well you wouldn't accuse people of calling him a disgrace, I genuinely don't understand where your comments are coming from.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It wouldn't be a procession though. Everyone knows the match is over. Perry has gone mentally.

He should never be in a Masters final but because there is nothing coming through the game is stagnating and players like Perry/Bingham are contesting major finals.

I genuinely think Hendry regrets retiring as I'm sure he'd have won at least one title in the period after his retirement.

nope hendry wouldnt.

wow what a miss