Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:You're missing the point. Anyway, forget this. Move on.

what the buck is the point?


Ronnie's not as good as before, he's still great, just not as consistently good as before. That's the point. Call it decline if you want.

Nobody here is saying he's a disgrace or can't play the game anymore. That's just silly talk.

Hes Older Joe Davis is not as good as he used to be is he lets be real here


Spot on.

So what's the problem with acknowledging that?


some has been blaming Steve Peters or others that's just crap.


without changing his game a tad or having a tougher mindset there is no way Ronnie would have won 5 WC he was self destructing against the likes of David Gray at the crucible having played brilliant and making 5 centuries but couldn't be fussed in tight frames.

Between his brilliant 5 minute max and his first WC there was 4 years where he lost to Darren Morgan 13-12, Higgins 17-9, Hendry 17-13 and David Gray 10-9...the only brilliance that count is the winning brilliance.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Iranu

Wait, who "blames" Steve Peters for Ronnie's last 5 years?

I think "thanks" is the word you're looking for; I haven't seen a bad word said about Steve Peters here or anywhere else.

That's a complete straw man argument.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby SnookerFan

Maybe you're right.

I just legitimately think that Ronnie's mental attitude is beter than it's ever been.

I just object to being seen as a hater because I dislike his personality, but as an idiot for defending his skill.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Pink Ball

snookerguy wrote:
Lucky wrote:
snookerguy wrote:
Lucky wrote:Lol. You lot are are crazy. This thread is like comedy sketch.


Oh, the stazi have descended. Finally.

You got the censoring truncheon at the ready.




Ha.... I never censored anything ever. You got me mixed up with someone who gives a buck.


You've censored plenty in the past, as a quick scroll through the suggestions forum will prove.

Nice to actually see a mod here though... that's a rarity (Wildey doesn't count as he's useless - asked him to move a thread over a week ago and it's still stuck in the wrong forum!)

Nah, Lucky is one of the more lenient moderators fo sho.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Wait, who "blames" Steve Peters for Ronnie's last 5 years?

I think "thanks" is the word you're looking for; I haven't seen a bad word said about Steve Peters here or anywhere else.

That's a complete straw man argument.


I said that earlier, but apparently I missed the point.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Wait, who "blames" Steve Peters for Ronnie's last 5 years?

I think "thanks" is the word you're looking for; I haven't seen a bad word said about Steve Peters here or anywhere else.

That's a complete straw man argument.

I haven't read anything negative about Steve Peters either. Ray Readon and Steve Peters have helped Ronnie so much.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Wait, who "blames" Steve Peters for Ronnie's last 5 years?

I think "thanks" is the word you're looking for; I haven't seen a bad word said about Steve Peters here or anywhere else.

That's a complete straw man argument.


I said that earlier, but apparently I missed the point.

But that wasn't what people were talking about, stop acting as if you're hard done by.

I actually made the same point as you and Wild after (I think) the CoC final - that Ronnie of old wouldn't have made those finals in the first place so wouldn't have had the opprtunity to play poorly in them.

You seem to think that means that fans aren't allowed to be concerned that he played badly in 3 finals in a row, and I just don't understand why you think that.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Not wanna sound negative but hope this doesnt turn into another UK 2014 Final....


Isn't the European Masters the one final it shouldn't turn into?


Probably yes..

next frame is huge...

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Wait, who "blames" Steve Peters for Ronnie's last 5 years?

I think "thanks" is the word you're looking for; I haven't seen a bad word said about Steve Peters here or anywhere else.

That's a complete straw man argument.


I said that earlier, but apparently I missed the point.

But that wasn't what people were talking about, stop acting as if you're hard done by.

I actually made the same point as you and Wild after (I think) the CoC final - that Ronnie of old wouldn't have made those finals in the first place so wouldn't have had the opprtunity to play poorly in them.

You seem to think that means that fans aren't allowed to be concerned that he played badly in 3 finals in a row, and I just don't understand why you think that.


He didn't play badly in all of them. For example, he only lost by the odd frame to Trump, who had to play well to beat him.

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
He didn't play badly in all of them. For example, he only lost by the odd frame to Trump, who had to play well to beat him.

That's a fair point. And again I'm pretty sure I made a similar point at the time.

I still don't think he's played well today despite his lead. He hasn't been dreadful but he'd be losing to a Trump/Higgins/Selby right now.