Post a reply

World Grand Pre-Thread

Postby eraserhead

Tickets are out for this now which I've booked! Going to two quarter finals a semi final and the final :happy: :D

Takes place February next year so when does the money list start for this? Is it after the last Grand Prix or is it purely this seasons top earners?

Also thought we could use this thread to discuss the race for who qualifies closer to the time.

Re: World Grand Pre-Thread

Postby eraserhead

Great link, thanks PoolBoy! Didn't realise how many tournaments there were to look forward to before then and now.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Tickets are out for this now which I've booked! Going to two quarter finals a semi final and the final :happy: :D

Takes place February next year so when does the money list start for this? Is it after the last Grand Prix or is it purely this seasons top earners?

Also thought we could use this thread to discuss the race for who qualifies closer to the time.

I only just clocked the other day that it's in Preston. If it wasn't the week before I go to the Welsh Open, I'd be tempted to turn up too. I've never done The Guild Hall, the one venue left on my To Do List.

I'll expect a comprehensive review of your trip, sir.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Eraserhead that's ace! Two-quarters, semi-final and the final! Talk about doing it properly. I like your style <cool>

I'm doing that for Cardiff.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:I only just clocked the other day that it's in Preston. If it wasn't the week before I go to the Welsh Open, I'd be tempted to turn up too. I've never done The Guild Hall, the one venue left on my To Do List.

I'll expect a comprehensive review of your trip, sir.

Theres a fair few qualifiers coming up at the guild hall to look forward to as well.

Dan-cat wrote:Eraserhead that's ace! Two-quarters, semi-final and the final! Talk about doing it properly. I like your style <cool>

:spot on:

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Theres a fair few qualifiers coming up at the guild hall to look forward to as well.

:spot on:

True, true.

I think I'd rather do the final stages of an event though. I went to the Australian Open qualifiers in Crawley last year. Good day out, but there was only about four more people than there were tables. Feels like a waste of going to an iconic venue somehow, if it's just you watching on your lonesome.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

I'm doing that for Cardiff.

Your live snooker attendance stripes were earned long ago and you continue to rise through the ranks, General Fan :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Your live snooker attendance stripes were earned long ago and you continue to rise through the ranks, General Fan :)

I even stalk SnookerBacker. (Apparently.) <ok>

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:I think I'd rather do the final stages of an event though. I went to the Australian Open qualifiers in Crawley last year. Good day out, but there was only about four more people than there were tables. Feels like a waste of going to an iconic venue somehow, if it's just you watching on your lonesome.

Yeah qualifiers aren't worth a massive trek I'm just happy that Preston's getting a lot of snooker love at the moment! The Guild Hall is perfect for qualifiers as well, you can fit 8 tables in the space available and then they're surrounded by seats with a walkway on top so you can pick any table you want to watch.

Maybe you'd be more interested in Ronnie v Judd at the Guild Hall on Sunday? :chin: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I think I'd rather do the final stages of an event though. I went to the Australian Open qualifiers in Crawley last year. Good day out, but there was only about four more people than there were tables. Feels like a waste of going to an iconic venue somehow, if it's just you watching on your lonesome.

Yeah qualifiers aren't worth a massive trek I'm just happy that Preston's getting a lot of snooker love at the moment! The Guild Hall is perfect for qualifiers as well, you can fit 8 tables in the space available and then they're surrounded by seats with a walkway on top so you can pick any table you want to watch.

Maybe you'd be more interested in Ronnie v Judd at the Guild Hall on Sunday? :chin: <laugh>

Less interested.

Postby SnookerFan

Am I diseased. I am actually considering this. Preston one weekend, Cardiff the next. A lot of travelling, just to sit and watch snooker...

Postby SnookerFan

What the hell sort of format is that? No play Saturday afternoon, one semi Friday Night one semi Saturday night?

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:What the hell sort of format is that? No play Saturday afternoon, one semi Friday Night one semi Saturday night?

That's why I'm going Friday and Sunday.

Would have loved to go to both semis in one day, Ronnie or Ding will end up playing the Saturday and i'll be fuming.

Postby Dan-cat

Coland wrote:

Looking at the current draw, you'd have to say Selbo's favourite for this one - but don't expect the 'experts' here to pick that out.

I guess you have to PLAY the game to twig just how good Selbo is.

You've sprung out of nowhere and you have a one track mind. Very silly. Love it.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Coland wrote:ing at the current draw, you'd have to say Selbo's favourite for this one - but don't expect the 'experts' here to pick that out.

I guess you have to PLAY the game to twig just how good Selbo is.

I don't know. Selbo is too busy evolving Snooker to the next level and mightn't be too focussed on winning this.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:There an order of play up yet?

the seedings not confirmed until after the final.

especially with Hamilton in the mix he can go from 20th up to 9th if he wins the tournament

Postby Andre147

This is the order of play that has been confirmed:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/ladbrokes-world-grand-prix/

Monday February 6
7pm
Judd Trump v Tom Ford
John Higgins v Michael White

Tuesday February 7
1pm
Stuart Bingham v opponent
Shaun Murphy v opponent