Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 128 !!!!!

Postby PoolBoy

MDG has gone from the most ridiculous poster - to the extent where I was convinced he was simply a Selby fan trolling the Ronnie fans - to a balanced and realistic observer!
:clap: :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Ron does it again!

Spends 2+ min thinking over a shot, and then butchers the safety... it's like he wants to play the perfect safety and then endps up overthinking it... he's done it a a few times lately, with little or no sucess.

Just get down and play the damn shot! 90% of the times it's the correct one.

Postby SnookerFan

Serious, none-troll related question.

Is it worth Ronnie taking some time off? See his Masters and Welsh Open win last season, it was after taking the first few months of the year off. There was also the year he took most of the season off, and won The Crucible.

Would a rest for a few months of a season help refresh him, and give him more chance of winning tournaments?

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:Serious, none-troll related question.

Is it worth Ronnie taking some time off? See his Masters and Welsh Open win last season, it was after taking the first few months of the year off. There was also the year he took most of the season off, and won The Crucible.

Would a rest for a few months of a season help refresh him, and give him more chance of winning tournaments?

can work both ways. and sometimes he says he needs these tournaments to be match sharp and on another occasions he says that he needs rest.

Postby LC

Moaning and shaking his head, but after some horrific misses got some tremendous run not to leave anything

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Ford is playing rubbish shot after rubbish shot and getting away with it, not leaving anything.

By the sounds of it, so is Ronnie.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ford is playing rubbish shot after rubbish shot and getting away with it, not leaving anything.

By the sounds of it, so is Ronnie.

nope, he doesnt get away with it when he plays a poor one. I agree with your post btw. Maybe a bigger break from Snooker always favours Ronnie and makes him play better and try harder when he plays. However. He's not in the position to take bigger breaks I think.

He'd lose his Top 16 spot.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Serious, none-troll related question.

In the past the more he played, the better for him. The last 3 or 4 years you're right.

He's not played that bad this season, 3 Finals and a title is no gimmie, but I can see he's starting to look a little disinterested since the Masters. So maybe you have a point.

Postby Andre147

Plus TR is right, Ronnie cant afford to play little atm, otherwise he'll lose his Top 16 status.

He knows this and that's why he badly wants some decent prize money this season so he can take a break in the next.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:is the female ref retarded? I think, everyone in the arena realized, Ronnie could hit that red via one cushion. Only she didn't.

Give her a break!

Postby Andre147

To be fair to Ron last year's opening match here from him wasn't great either. He didn't play well v Pinches, but had a brilliant last frame with the 146.

He can certainly improve as the tournament goes on, but Mavis wont be easy next round, the bo7 wil favour his chances.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ford could have played on for the snookers but didnt.

A win is a win. And that only counts.

Quite right.

Ron still managed to make a ton despite not playing great. AT the same time, you dont want to play your best early on either.

Increases his tally to 39, his personal record of 53 in under threat I hope. :-D

Postby TheRocket

Very solid in the end. For a first round match more than enough. Hope, he can do what he did in 14 and 16. Getting stronger each round.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Very solid in the end. For a first round match more than enough. Hope, he can do what he did in 14 and 16. Getting stronger each round.

Last year each match seemed like a practice session for him, one of the best tournaments I've seen him win! The Final wasn't that great, but the last few frames of the Final he played again just like the whole week!

It's a he tournament he loves having won 4 times, and that helps his cause.

Postby SnookerFan

My internet has been down at work for the last few minutes.

It's amazing how close I come to a nervous breakdown when I can't talk about snooker online.

Postby TheRocket

Just watched the preview of the O'Sullivan-Ford match. Murray talking more about valentines day than snooker. And calling Mark Selby sexy and kissing Jimmy White.

The guy is just a joke.