Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 64 !!!!!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Cloud Strife wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
LC wrote:I honestly believe he's lost his nerve, loses in finals coupled with recent defeats, has left him unable to convert winning positions

It's shocking how many times recently he's lost control of a match with a big advantage.

All that's left for Ronnie this season is the worlds IMO, which I think he can turn his game around for.

I think the longer format of the Worlds will help him. These sprint events are a lottery and they seem to be putting more pressure on him as he can never feel safe.

I agree.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

To be honest Ronnie should have also lost to wenbo at the Masters. Thankfully be didn't but he got very lucky there. In my opinion Ronnie was playing a lot better in late 2016 than in 2017. He didn't perform in the finals, yes but he had tough opponents and he could have still won all 3 of them.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Oh well, that's the Welsh Open done and dusted then. Time to cancel what remains of this event and move onto the next tournament (that Ronnie's playing in).

Shall I not bother to travel up tomorrow then?

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:But congratz to Mavis. After 0-3 not many gave him a chance.

Yes :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:maybe he will end his career sooner we thought.

he isnt paying the attention to snooker as he should.

so we should enjoy the moment of brilliances he has to give us and forget the disappointments.

Now you have become the calming voice in the Ronnie fan base <laugh>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Oh well, that's the Welsh Open done and dusted then. Time to cancel what remains of this event and move onto the next tournament (that Ronnie's playing in).

Shall I not bother to travel up tomorrow then?

Sell your ticket <ok>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:To be honest Ronnie should have also lost to wenbo at the Masters. Thankfully be didn't but he got very lucky there. In my opinion Ronnie was playing a lot better in late 2016 than in 2017. He didn't perform in the finals, yes but he had tough opponents and he could have still won all 3 of them.

Fully agree. This year hes played 1 good match: The Fu Semi.

Everything else has been crap for the most part.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie should consider withdraw from any tournament he has left until the Worlds, including China which he's qualified.

Put his eggs all in one basket and give it all for the Worlds. Seems to work better for him.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should consider withdraw from any tournament he has left until the Worlds, including China which he's qualified.

Put his eggs all in one basket and give it all for the Worlds. Seems to work better for him.

I agree.

It will render these events before the WC meaningless if he's not there, but at the end of the day Ronnie has to do what is best for him.

Postby TheRocket

Wtf. Is this real? I just decided after the 3:1 to watch a little bit of Bayern-Arsenal match. And now I've seen the result.

Well, what can you say. I suppose, he played rubbish and missed a lot of bucking sitters again.

Postby PLtheRef

Wondering what the fewest number of members of the top 16 to reach the last 32 of a ranking event.

Just six remain - and that's before Trump, Bingham and Allen have finished their last 64 matches.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Wtf. Is this real? I just decided after the 3:1 to watch a little bit of Bayern-Arsenal match. And now I've seen the result.

Well, what can you say. I suppose, he played rubbish and missed a lot of bucking sitters again.

Pretty much. I guess he played his best Snooker at the UK this season, and after that ran out of gas. His Masters win was good but nowhere near peak Ronnie.

Worlds is all that's left, and hopefully he can turn things around for that one.

This season is really strange.

In my opinion the average level of play is not very high.

Many former players who won their first ranking (king, hamilton).

Ding and trump who have lost their superb early season, ronnie who really plays in sawtooth and in 2017 he really plays not well at all, higgins who has lost his superb equally and even selby goes a little bit average since 2017. not to mention robbo which makes a catastrophic season.

In my opinion for the worlds I see selby big favorite and after that it's really undecided.

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Wtf. Is this real? I just decided after the 3:1 to watch a little bit of Bayern-Arsenal match. And now I've seen the result.

Pretty much. I guess he played his best Snooker at the UK this season, and after that ran out of gas. His Masters win was good but nowhere near peak Ronnie.

Worlds is all that's left, and hopefully he can turn things around for that one.

I agree.

At uk he played his best snooker of the season. Since it is really not good. Even at the masters it was not good except a match: semi against fu where he really played well.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:

Do you think that he can last a format of that length now?

Postby Andre147

I can see Borg beating Trump, so it's not a walkover Cloud.

Walker even beat Robbo today, anything can happen.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Do you think that he can last a format of that length now?

Longer format may help his cause, well I hope it does.