Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 32 !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:SNOOKER FAN WATCH!

I am on a National Express coach. No turning back now. Cardiff, or bust.

This is riveting stuff, keep it up.

<ok>

Postby TheRocket

Very poor performance from Jackson Page. The occasion got to him. Hope, we'll see more of the guy in the future. Snooker needs new talents. Badly.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:bucking joke Dott

I warned you he was gonna bottle it :wave:

Easy draws are just on paper.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Very poor performance from Jackson Page. The occasion got to him. Hope, we'll see more of the guy in the future. Snooker needs new talents. Badly.

The speed of the table caught him out. First ever time on a main TV table, he must have felt the cue ball was being playing on ice.

I'm sure we'll se more from him, as you say, Snooker needs some fresh blood fast.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:

He didn't bottle it though. He just played crap.

Postby Andre147

Must be Walker's first Last 16 stage in a ranking for God knows how many years... about 20 most likely...

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He didn't bottle it though. He just played crap.

Same with Ron from 3-0 up. But Ronnie did bottle it at 3-1, the missed green to the middle bag left him with his head all over the place, should have never bottle that green and really make that clearance to win.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:Must be Walker's first Last 16 stage in a ranking for God knows how many years... about 20 most likely...

Last 16 at the 2004 WC

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Must be Walker's first Last 16 stage in a ranking for God knows how many years... about 20 most likely...

Last 16 at the 2004 WC

Not as long then.

Postby Vallomas

Hossein Vafaei destroyed Ali Carter by 4-1, with 136 and 130 breaks on the final two frames.

I knew that this guy has a lot of talent and I am happy that he finally proves it.

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:

Last 16 at the 2004 WC

Lost 13-5 to David Gray. Whatever happened to him??? :chin:

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:Hossein Vafaei destroyed Ali Carter by 4-1, with 136 and 130 breaks on the final two frames.

I knew that this guy has a lot of talent and I am happy that he finally proves it.

One of the best wins of his career for sure. Hopefully another good young player emerging. Dont want them to all come from China lol...

Postby kolompar

Commentators mentioned that Jackson Page is the youngest Brit to reach a last 32. So I looked up how old some of the Chinese wild cards were when they had similar results. Best was probably Lyu Haotian, who reached the quarter finals at the 2012 IC, a few weeks before his 15th birthday. Around 2 years younger than Yan Bingtao when he reached the quarters at the German.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:

Last 16 at the 2004 WC

World Championship definitely Lee Walker most successful tournament but he reached the last 16 of the 1999 Welsh Open losing to Anthony Hamilton

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

And as we all know, the game isn't played on paper.

Postby Vallomas

Did anybody know anything about Mei Xi Wen before this season? He is doing very well and it is surprising that he is already 34 years old and returned on the tour this seasons after many years.

Postby Cheshire Cat

From what little I've seen of this event so far, the beeb seem quite hung up on this Jackson fellow. I think it's great that he's shown a glimpse of his talent, but one small run in a tournament is in no way indicative of what's to come.

Unsurprising that O'Sullivan is out. He's gone from striving for perfection, to settling for mediocrity.

Pleased to see that Hawkins and Selby are showing no such complacency.