Post a reply

Coral Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 13th of February ~ Sunday 19th of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

All 3 top 16 players Judd Trump, Barry Hawkins and Stuart Bingham servived the mud bath and book their place in the Quarter Final.

3 Players will be making their Quarter Final debut Stuart Carrington plus Zhou Yuelong and Scott Donaldson who will be playing each other.

Who will reach the Semi Finals and keep their hopes alive for the Ray Reardon Trophy?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Scott Donaldson v Zhou Yuelong Never played Before
Judd Trump v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 7-6
----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Stuart Carrington Bingham leads 3-0
Robert Milkins v Kurt Maflin Maflin leads 3-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

The match of the day is and i,m sure most will agree with is Trump v Hawkins.

I,m really lookin forward to that.

One has to fav Hawkins,but his good run of consistency has to come to an end sometime,will Trump be the one who stops his impressive run. :chin:

Scotts done brilliant gettin so far and has a decent chance of goin even further into a tournament,later today,i hope he brings his A game,cause he,s gonna need it.

Bingo should take care of Carrington,unless he serves up his C/D game,which he,s served up a good few times since he won the Worlds.

Would love to see Maflin beat Milkins,me thinks he will.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:What a fantastic tournament this has been, best-of-7s are great.

Are you Barry Hearn's PR man?

I was being sarcastic. Mind you, I don't dislike best-of-7s for 128 tournaments like this, they're probably as good as you can hope for with such a large field, but I don't see why they need to be at events like the Grand Prix which only has 32 at a venue.

Postby Alex0paul

Zhou v Donladson is a big match in terms of the rankings too. Zhou will be top 32 if he wins and Donaldson will be top 64.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:What a fantastic tournament this has been, best-of-7s are great.

Are you Barry Hearn's PR man?

I was being sarcastic. Mind you, I don't dislike best-of-7s for 128 tournaments like this, they're probably as good as you can hope for with such a large field, but I don't see why they need to be at events like the Grand Prix which only has 32 at a venue.

I'd rather have best of 7s pretty much every week than have best of 9 tournaments but only every 2-3 weeks.

Postby mick745

I went to snooker on Wednesday, always go to Bill's for a takeaway coffee. Saw Shaun Murphy in there having breakfast with Mark Allen. Also in there was Ronnie.

Anyway I predict Trump will beat Hawkins today, while Hawkins is good reaching 2 con sequtive ranking finals is a tall order, Trump to end his run.

Trump to go on to win final beating Bingham in final.

Hope Yuelong and Maflin win their matches.

Thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and all the different players coming through and the shocks.

Maybe we are at last seeing a changing of the guard and there will be a wholesale change in top 16/32 personnel in next 2-3 years. It is needed in my view to freshen the game.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hopefully Hawkins wrecks Trump. Trump getting beaten is always a good thing.

Would like Zhou to win his match.

The bottom half doesn't really bother me much, i'm not really fussed about any of the players. I guess Carrington or Maflin coming through would be nice.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hopefully Hawkins wrecks Trump. Trump getting beaten is always a good thing.

The bottom half doesn't really bother me much, i'm not really fussed about any of the players. I guess Carrington or Maflin coming through would be nice.

Aye aye <ok>

Yuelong winning would be the best thing I agree.

But on the other hand I always loved Maflins style of play, if he won I would be very happy all the same.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:I hope Bingham wins. To prove his bottle.

I'd like to see the Milkman win. For the same reason.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Hopefully Hawkins wrecks Trump. Trump getting beaten is always a good thing.

Aye aye <ok>

Yuelong winning would be the best thing I agree.

But on the other hand I always loved Maflins style of play, if he won I would be very happy all the same.

Flippin eck!,am i the only one who,d like/wants Donaldson to win!!. >-( :-)

Postby Andre147

Ridiculous shedulling in the these Home Nations events... no more so than the Quarter_finals... why are 3 on the main table and then a 7pm one on another is beyond me.

If they didnt want to risk a Quarter-Final being played too late in the evening for the last one to start, then I would propose a simple solution:

10 am 1st Quarter-Final
NB12 pm 2nd

5pm 3rd
NB7 pm 4th

They have morning sessions in the biggest tournament of all, the Worlds, why tournaments such as these don't have them is beyond belief.

Postby Andre147

Lucky wrote:Jesus if these two were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

Even if bth arent playing top standard snooker thus far, it's still much better than having two 40+ year olds playing like that like we've seen this season many times.

Good young talents like these 2 is what we need, refreshing.

Postby Souvent

vodkadiet wrote:Is Zhou Yuelong Rafa Nadal's love child?

Can't see any similarity other than the fact they both have dark hair.
Anyway, "Donald Scottson" seems to be a good safety player from what I've seen so far.

Postby hendry_fan

Looking very good for the Scot,Scott!. :-)

4-0,or even if it had of ended up 3-1 goin into the MSI,both would o been definately a fair result so far,but as it is,it,s 4-0.

Yuelong was a bit unlunky a few times when he played cannons,unlucky that they did,nt t develop anything into a pottable position,although he did have a tad luck especially in the 4th frame,where he got outta snookers or played a sloppy safety and did,nt leave anything,or anything easy on.

The chances he did have,he blew em,Scott also blew a good few,but he,s without a doubt the better player,made way more of his chances.

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ON SCOTT,just 1 more frame laddie!. <ok>