Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby snooker_loopy

I think Judd has lapses in concentration. When he's at his best he's amazing but he misses a lot of balls. He is similar to Jimmy White.

If Judd improves his form it would be cool to see him win the WC but doesn't look too likely. The overall standard of play in the final was terrible. By pro standards, it was crap. Sorry to be so blunt but you gotta just say it how you see it!

Postby SnookerFan

The Herminator wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, bring back the slate.

Yep preferred the slate. Now just looks like every other trophy.

Yeah, World Snooker have a real boner for glass trophies, don't they?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Camera angle on BBC much better than Eurosport

I'd assumed they were using the same photos.

No Europsort was much lower down

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:My biggest mistake was in 2011 when I thought Trump could really reach the level and heights of Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins.

But he's just turned out to be a Jimmy White in disguise. Even though I have to admit that Jimmy at least has bottled it against Hendry. Trump does it against Bingham. He's the reason Bingham can call himself a World Champion and now a Welsh Open Champion.

A bit harsh on Stuart there TR :chin: :no:

This Final he didnt play well but did very well to win the 16th frame and the decider, plus some of the pivotal clearance he made did the diffrence.

And the 2015 Worlds he couldn't have had a tougher route to the World Title.
Last edited by Andre147 on 20 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:He's the reason Bingham can call himself a World Champion and now a Welsh Open Champion.

I think Shaun Murphy has to take some of the blame for that!

That performance from Judd was like Ronnie in finals this season. Just couldn't get any consistency of position when in amongst the balls. It was all about those first two frames in the end.

Exciting final, poor quality but very nip and tuck.

Postby Andre147

Yeah Judd played just like Ronnie in his recent Finals.

A shame Judd couldnt produce the sort of standard he did today in Romania.

Postby Cheshire Cat

snooker_loopy wrote:I think Judd has lapses in concentration. When he's at his best he's amazing but he misses a lot of balls. He is similar to Jimmy White.

If Judd improves his form it would be cool to see him win the WC but doesn't look too likely. The overall standard of play in the final was terrible. By pro standards, it was crap. Sorry to be so blunt but you gotta just say it how you see it!

No need to be apologetic.

It was a very interesting match, and I enjoyed watching it, but the safety was poor, breakbuilding was absolutely shocking and positional play was some of the worst I've seen from top 16 players, especially from Judd.

The long potting was brilliant though throughout.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,well,well,

I was wrong,i predicted that Trump would be the winner of the 2017 Welsh Open. :shock:

Just as well i did,nt have a bet on it. :-D

Even though i thought Judd would win,i was,nt boverd at all who ended up becomin the winner tbh.

Thats gonna be yet another bittttttter pill for Judd to take,losing is tough to take,but especially if one loses 9-8!,or any type of a decider.

He obviously played well in patches,but on the whole,he was poor by his standards,missed far too many easy/gettable pots and his positional play was weak.

Bingo also was only good in patches throughout the match,he also missed countless gettable pots and in general was below average.

But well done to him though,he won,and as we all know,no matter how you,ve won/played,a win is a win.

Congrats in becomin a ranking tourney winner for the 4th time. :win: <ok>

I,m gonna take a longish break from here and watchin the snooker,it,s tireing with so many tourneys on these days,too many for my preferance,i,m snookred out,gotta have a break,otherwise i,ll have a buckin burnout. :dizzy: :-D

Take care all,see you soon. :peace:

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:He's the reason Bingham can call himself a World Champion and now a Welsh Open Champion.

I think Shaun Murphy has to take some of the blame for that!

That performance from Judd was like Ronnie in finals this season. Just couldn't get any consistency of position when in amongst the balls. It was all about those first two frames in the end.

Exciting final, poor quality but very nip and tuck.

Trump is a proven choker. I think its inevitable to say that to be honest. He's been choking in big matches since 2011. Its part of his snooker career.

I really thought once he could take over Ronnies mantle. Entertaining the crowd and more importantly, winning the matches and tournaments in O'Sullivan fashion. Demolishing and wiping out the opponents. But he's just an average Top 16 player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Judd and Bingham play tomorrow morning in the Championship League.

Finally a real test, sick of all these best of 17's.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Judd and Bingham play tomorrow morning in the Championship League.

Finally a real test, sick of all these best of 17's.

That's why it got so scrappy towards the end. They had one eye on the CL.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 20 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:No more proper snooker for a while now

We got Gibraltar next week, if that counts.

Ronnie's not in it, so no it doesn't count.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:Winner, Winner. Chicken Dinner.

Indeed! HUZZAH!

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:Well,well,well,

I was wrong,i predicted that Trump would be the winner of the 2017 Welsh Open. :shock:

Just as well i did,nt have a bet on it. :-D

Even though i thought Judd would win,i was,nt boverd at all who ended up becomin the winner tbh.

Thats gonna be yet another bittttttter pill for Judd to take,losing is tough to take,but especially if one loses 9-8!,or any type of a decider.

He obviously played well in patches,but on the whole,he was poor by his standards,missed far too many easy/gettable pots and his positional play was weak.

Bingo also was only good in patches throughout the match,he also missed countless gettable pots and in general was below average.

But well done to him though,he won,and as we all know,no matter how you,ve won/played,a win is a win.

Congrats in becomin a ranking tourney winner for the 4th time. :win: <ok>

I,m gonna take a longish break from here and watchin the snooker,it,s tireing with so many tourneys on these days,too many for my preferance,i,m snookred out,gotta have a break,otherwise i,ll have a buckin burnout. :dizzy: :-D

Take care all,see you soon. :peace:

See you soon my friend !

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump is a proven choker. I think its inevitable to say that to be honest. He's been choking in big matches since 2011. Its part of his snooker career.

I really thought once he could take over Ronnies mantle. Entertaining the crowd and more importantly, winning the matches and tournaments in O'Sullivan fashion. Demolishing and wiping out the opponents. But he's just an average Top 16 player. Nothing more, nothing less.

6 titles, and 7 runner-ups is definately a very poor strike rate, a negative one in fact.

but remember, Selby once also had a poor strike rate in Finals, but 3 or 4 years ago he has put that right.

Trump is not a Selby though, he doesn't have his killer instinct, and unlike Selby chokes in the big moments and has quite a few battle scars now. How he's only won one TC event, and that was way back in 2011 is sometimes hard to believe...

I still think he might become World Champion, but he needs to learn how to cope these big moments a lot better.

Nowadays I definately think his biggest problem is cue ball control. often relies on sheer luck in breakbuilding, then findshimself in difficult positions, forces the issue with hard pots, misses them sometimes by miles (given how hard he hits them) and gifts chances to his opponents on a plate.

His safety is quite good, so if he can sort that out with the cue ball control, plus be clinical in the killer moments, he can win more titles, and of course some of the bigger ones.

I said all this, but everytime Trump loses I put a smile on my face... :-D he's not like he was a few years back, but still not enough for me to really like him, so today I was naturally very happy Stu beat him.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Stuart Bingham‏ @Stuart__Bingham
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
Thanks for all the messages peeps. Really appreciate it.

Postby sas6789

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:No more proper snooker for a while now

We got Gibraltar next week, if that counts.

Ronnie's not in it, so no it doesn't count.

Of course it counts, Ronnie doesn't own the damn game.

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:Remember when Bingham won the Australuan Open, and we all thought he'd never win another?

viewtopic.php?f=273&t=2722

<laugh> <laugh> that's when Allen made the infamous comment on Stu like he's never been and never will be a winner, something along the lines of that. Of course then Allen got schooled.