Post a reply

Re: Jojobet.com Gibralter Open !!!

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy‏@Magician147
Players in Gibraltar.....please use the feedback forms to take part in the ball cleaning trial. This is everyone's chance to have their say

Murphy working tirelessly in his attempt to make people care about kicks as much as he does.

Postby SnookerFan

Ryan Day insists he’ll only be concentrating on his own matches at this week’s Jojobet.com Gibraltar Open, where his place in next week’s Ladbrokes Players Championship will be at stake.

Only the top 16 players on this season’s one-year ranking list will go through to the Ladbrokes Players Championship in Llandudno, which runs from March 6 to 12. A top prize of £125,000 will be up for grabs in the tournament at Venue Cymru.

Day currently occupies 16th spot but he could be overtaken in the final counting event in Gibraltar, which runs from Friday to Sunday. Joe Perry could leapfrog Day by reaching the final, while Mark Williams also has a chance if he wins the tournament.

“I know what the others have to do, but if I have a good run myself then I can make sure of my place,” said Welshman Day. “I’ll just be focusing on my own matches and not thinking about other results.

“Qualifying for the event in Llandudno would be fantastic because it’s a great event and it would also improve my chances of staying in the top 16 for the World Championship. It’s a superb venue and I’ve really enjoyed playing there in the past.”

Day came close to winning the first ranking title of his career at last month’s Ladbrokes World Grand Prix, but lost 10-7 to Barry Hawkins in the final.

“It was disappointing to just come up short in that match,” he said. “But having a good run there put me into contention for the Players Championship and hopefully I can take advantage of that now and finish the season strongly.”

The 36-year-old from Pontycymmer is playing in the Championship League winners’ group in Coventry this week, then faces a late dash to Gibraltar to be there in time for his opening match on Friday afternoon.

“The event in Coventry finishes on Thursday night, then I’ve got to get to Gatwick on Friday morning for a 7am flight to Gibraltar,” he added. “I knew it was going to be a busy schedule over the last few weeks and I’m happy to be playing in all these tournaments.”

Televised by ITV4, the Ladbrokes Players Championship will feature top stars including Ronnie O’Sullivan, Mark Selby, Judd Trump and John Higgins.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/day-llandud ... -my-hands/

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Players in Gibraltar.....please use the feedback forms to take part in the ball cleaning trial. This is everyone's chance to have their say

Murphy working tirelessly in his attempt to make people care about kicks as much as he does.

I didn't see all the Shoot-out snooker, but what I did watch, I don't remember seeing any kicks at all!
Could there be a 'link' - in that the cue-ball was never stationary, at any time, for more than 10 - 15 seconds.

Perhaps a stationary cue-ball picks up static from the baize, and this accumulates during a regular break, when players are obviously taking much longer over their shots?

Postby The Herminator

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

I didn't see all the Shoot-out snooker, but what I did watch, I don't remember seeing any kicks at all!
Could there be a 'link' - in that the cue-ball was never stationary, at any time, for more than 10 - 15 seconds.

Perhaps a stationary cue-ball picks up static from the baize, and this accumulates during a regular break, when players are obviously taking much longer over their shots?

If that was true Peter Ebdon would have died from electrocution by now.

Postby SnookerEd25

Yay!

Lee Prickman won!

Delighting all of us who have never grown up properly. :chuckle:

Postby PoolBoy

kolompar wrote:Yes, him and also Francisco Sanchez Ruiz entered, will be interesting.

On the other hand, Fu once again not defending a title :td:

Francisco Sanchez-Ruiz won his game 4-3 to reach the next 'qualifying round'.

He's now up against young English player, George Pragnall. The winner will make the main tournament and a last-128 match against Michael Georgiou.

Postby Iranu

PoolBoy wrote:
Iranu wrote:Is this not on Eurosport Player?

It probably doesn't begin coverage until tomorrow, when the tournament proper starts. :shrug:

Ah thanks.

Postby Vallomas

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ken Doherty Official@kendoherty1997

Really sorry I can't make Gibraltar this weekend because of family reasons,apologies to @WorldSnooker1 and @Magician147 my opponent ,GL all

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏ @WorldSnooker1
RESULT | Ding Junhui is among the big names through this morning, knocking in breaks of 66, 69 and 71 to beat Weston 4-1

Postby gallantrabbit

Imagine being in Jamie Cope's shoes now. Former ranking event finalist getting stuffed by a no-hoper...
Surely Cope is at the stage where he starts looking for a job...?

Postby PoolBoy

gallantrabbit wrote:Imagine being in Jamie Cope's shoes now. Former ranking event finalist getting stuffed by a no-hoper...
Surely Cope is at the stage where he starts looking for a job...?

Yeah, he's only got the China Open and the World Championship to save his position on Tour.
Provisionally ranked 72 in the end-of-season rankings.
I wonder if he'd enter Q-School?

Postby The Herminator

mantorok wrote:
davisfan wrote:That event poster is all kinds of wrong.

Which aspect?

The fact that 2 of the players aren't even showing up? The creepy look from Murphy? Or the fact that Judd is bent over with 5 ready-for-action men behind him?

Also that table looks like it might have a tendency to roll off.