Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 6th of March ~ Sunday 12th at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

We are down to the very last match, The Final, and first up we have Judd Trump, in his most consistent season to date, seeking his 2nd ranking event title this season in what is his 5th Final of this same season.

He will be up against Marco Fu, who is arguably in the best form of his life, having already won the Scottish Open this season and last time he met Trump he beat him 6-5 n the opening round of The Masters.

Who shall win this title and shalk a big £125,000 top prize?

DRAW

Final

CLICK HERE FOR HEAD TO HEADS

OVERALL: TRUMP LEADS 12-7
MAIN TOURNAMENTS: TRUMP LEADS 5-3
MULTI-SESSION: TRUMP LEADS 2-0
FINALS: NONE

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

If Trump loses his 4th ranking event Final of the season it's got to be be some sort of record. Don't think anyone lost that many in a single season.

I feel he'll win this one, but I also thought the same when he faced Liang and Bingo and he still managed to lose.

I hope Fu wins and gives Judd a record he certainly doesn't want. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:If Trump loses his 4th ranking event Final of the season it's got to be be some sort of record. Don't think anyone lost that many in a single season.

I feel he'll win this one, but I also thought the same when he faced Liang and Bingo and he still managed to lose.

I hope Fu inflicts another final defeat on Trump which hopefully will ruin him mentally just in time for the Crucible.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Trump loses his 4th ranking event Final of the season it's got to be be some sort of record. Don't think anyone lost that many in a single season.

I hope Fu inflicts another final defeat on Trump which hopefully will ruin him mentally just in time for the Crucible.

running scared are we?

Postby Pink Ball

Trump is playing very well, but needs a title. I didn't fancy him to win the finals against Bingham and Liang for some reason, I think they have a bit of an Indian sign over him, and the best-of-7 with Murphy was always going to be a coin toss.

I fancy him to win tomorrow though, he usually plays well against Fu.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Trump is playing very well, but needs a title. I didn't fancy him to win the finals against Bingham and Liang for some reason, I think they have a bit of an Indian sign over him, and the best-of-7 with Murphy was always going to be a coin toss.

I fancy him to win tomorrow though, he usually plays well against Fu.

Fu beat him 6-5 this season last time they met.

But in both multi-session matches he beat Fu confortably, 13-7 and 13-8. I think Trump is more prone to beat him the longer the distance is.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

running scared are we?

I am yes, absolutely. Honestly speaking.

Postby Andre147

The Herminator wrote:Well the little oik's going to win it one day isn't he so best start mentally preparing for it now.

Hopefully he won't win it at the expense of Ronnie <ok>

Postby Sickpotter

Marco all the way.

Stat masters, who is the pro with the worst conversion rate in finals?

Jimmy bound to be up there, but Judd is doing his best to claim the dubious title I think.

Postby Alex0paul

Sickpotter wrote:Marco all the way.

Jimmy bound to be up there, but Judd is doing his best to claim the dubious title I think.

Trump has won 6 out of 14 finals.
Matthew Stevens most likely has the worst record winning 1 of 7.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hopefully Marco wins. It's pretty late in his career, so i'd like to see him rewarded for the huge surge in form he's had post-Scottish Open.

Postby PLtheRef

Sickpotter wrote:Marco all the way.

For the record, Alex Higgins twice, Cliff Thorburn twice, Perrie Mans, Dennis Taylor, Doug Mountjoy and Ray Reardon each managed to lose EVERY ranking final in a single season

Postby PLtheRef

Reckon Fu will win around 10-8 ish. Trump's bad habit of losing ranking finals against players you'd expect him to beat is becoming a bit of a problem - yes you'd expect him to beat Fu over a long format. But best of 19 isn't really an unfamiliar length

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:ITV always have terrible music choice for these intros never quite seems to fit the snooker montages.

#importantissues

rofl

If it bothers me then it's important. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Talking of non-issues that annoy us, that thing that Hendry did annoys me.

Stop comparing other sports to boxing. Winning the first frame is nothing like getting one punch in in a boxing match. <doh>