Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final !!!!

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:a pity MJW has lost but you've got to say that Selby was too strong those last three frames. Definitely the top favourite to win the World.

Someone really needs to be in top gear to beat him there. And you have to say that Trump probably is the only player atm who has the form to do it.

or an in form Ronnie, which looks a million years away atm but you never know with the man...

True. Theres nothing more dangerous than a Ronnie O'Sullivan who has something to prove. And he has a lot to prove. The question though is. Does he still believe, he has the ability? I think, he's doubting himself more than he's ever done before.

Postby Andre147

ANyway, so nice to see MJW play to some sort of level we've seen in the past.

He didn't choke this Final, Selby was just too strong in the 3 remaining frames, especially the ones to go 8-8 and 9-8.

Hope he qualifies for The Crucible MJW, would be a real shame if he didn't. And if he does, I bet he's the most dangerous qualifier.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Selby-O'Sullivan and Higgins-Trump to be the semifinals.

And an O'Sullivan v Higgins Final I bet is what you would want :-D

I wouldnt mind an Allen v Trump Semi too.

Ronnie winning his sixth world title beating Selby and Higgins along the way would be my ideal scenario obviously. If it doesn't happen, I hope, he'll beats at least Selby.

We know that Ronnie has lost both of his matches against him in the Crucible (first one was a massive choke I have to say, however) so I hope, that will change.

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:True. Theres nothing more dangerous than a Ronnie O'Sullivan who has something to prove. And he has a lot to prove. The question though is. Does he still believe, he has the ability? I think, he's doubting himself more than he's ever done before.

Whenever the whites on the cushion or a red close to the cushion I don't trust him on those shots after this season. He also seems to take ages thinking about certain shots and makes them bigger than they are.

I'd love for him to put on a show in the first round and get a bit of confidence.

:hyper: WORLDS NEXT :hyper:
Last edited by eraserhead on 02 Apr 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby sas6789

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Mark Selby can win as many major titles as he wants MJW will always be above him for me.

re match: the class of 75 making a habit of twitching lately though I dont think MJW really choked in this match so far.

If Selby wins another WC he goes above Williams IMO.

Postby eraserhead

sas6789 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Mark Selby can win as many major titles as he wants MJW will always be above him for me.

re match: the class of 75 making a habit of twitching lately though I dont think MJW really choked in this match so far.

If Selby wins another WC he goes above Williams IMO.

Winning UK, Masters and World's in one season in that era counts for more to me.

Postby Wildey

theres a lot of bucking bullocks been written on here its unbelievaable no wander roland thinking about closing the whole place down.

Give Selby some bucking credit instead of this bucking crap

Postby sas6789

Wildey wrote:theres a lot of bucking bullocks been written on here its unbelievaable no wander roland thinking about closing the whole place down.

Well said sir!

Postby eraserhead

No ones slagging Selby off he played great in the last few frames and was solid for what I saw. I just think it's silly to start putting him above Williams.

Also Selby gets the less stick on here than others no one comes out in defence of Allen, Murphy or Trump.

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:No ones slagging Selby off he played great in the last few frames and was solid for what I saw. I just think it's silly to start putting him above Williams.

Also Selby gets the less stick on here than others no one comes out in defence of Allen, Murphy or Trump.

Thankfully some common sense. Who on here is slagging off Selby? No one is.

Rating Williams higher than Selby in the all-time list is valid point of view. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:theres a lot of bucking bullocks been written on here its unbelievaable no wander roland thinking about closing the whole place down.

So, he is thinking of closing this site? I've suspected for a while. He rarely posts.

Shame, I've liked this forum. He has created somethibg special. <ok>

Respect to you Roland, sir. It's been a good few years. :hatoff:

Maybe stay open to the end of The Crucible? One more tournament. For your loyal users. :evilgrin:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 02 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Aye,i thought so,Selby indeed won.

Hard luck to MJW,he did very well to get as far as the final,but he,ll of course be very disappointed.

Knocked in six 50+ers,two of them were centurys,which is pretty good.

MJW,s ranking titles tally stay at 18,his final appearences has risen to 30,although the last 4 finals he,s been in,he lost all 4 of them.

Ranking event finals: 30 (18 titles, 12 runners-up)

Very well to done to Selby,knocked in eight 50+ breaks,three o them were centurys,so,not much negativity there. :-D

:win: :happy: MARK SELBY :happy: :win:

Selbys ranking title tally now goes up to 11,he,s been in 20 finals,the last three he won,in fact the last 9 finals he,s been in,he only lost 1. :clap:

Ranking event finals: 20 (11 titles, 9 runners-up)

Postby Cloud Strife

sas6789 wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:I doubt anybody could deny that Selby isn't at least 8th on the all-time list.

That's just what he is on mine and Williams is 7th.

Come on man, you can't post stuff like that on here. You're going to get Snooker Island closed down.

Postby PoolBoy

Cloud Strife wrote:
sas6789 wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:I doubt anybody could deny that Selby isn't at least 8th on the all-time list.

Come on man, you can't post stuff like that on here. You're going to get Snooker Island closed down.

rofl

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:

So, he is thinking of closing this site? I've suspected for a while. He rarely posts.

Maybe stay open to the end of The Crucible? One more tournament. For your loyal users. :evilgrin:

+1.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

+1.

He's put up with us talking rubbish for years, to be fair.

Roland. :hatoff:

Postby sas6789

Cloud Strife wrote:
sas6789 wrote:

That's still Williams above Selby, I thought that's what you wanted.

Postby Cloud Strife

sas6789 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
sas6789 wrote:

That's still Williams above Selby, I thought that's what you wanted.

I was being sarcastic, which doesn't always come across online.

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:No ones slagging Selby off he played great in the last few frames and was solid for what I saw. I just think it's silly to start putting him above Williams.

i think its double standards people rate Ronnie above Hendry 7 or 8 years ago when he quite clearly wasent....

Yes Williams has won more Tournaments but Selby has done enough on that scenario to be classed as his equal.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

i think its double standards people rate Ronnie above Hendry 7 or 8 years ago when he quite clearly wasent....

Yes Williams has won more Tournaments but Selby has done enough on that scenario to be classed as his equal.

I didn't rate Sullivan higher than Hendry 7 years ago. I only made that decision in 2013/14. Some people still rate Hendry higher and that's fine. Yes, Hendry will finish his career with more titles, but I think Sullivan was up against stiffer competition for longer and I think that evens it out.

Selby is a fine player, but not only has he won less titles than Williams to date, Williams was up against stiffer competition. Selby can overtake him, but he has a lot of work to do. I don't think he'll ever overtake Williams, but if he does then fair play to him.

People are perfectly entitled to think Williams is better than Selby, and vice versa. It's only opinions. I think it's pretty clear cut that Williams is better, but who cares?

But saying Selby isn't as good as Williams is not slagging him. It's an opinion.

Postby sas6789

World titles Williams 2-2 Selby
Majors: Selby 7-6 Williams
Ranking titles: Williams 18-11 Selby
Non-ranking titles: Williams 6-6 Selby
Total professional titles won: Williams 26-24 Selby
Centuries: Williams 382- 469 Selby
147's: Selby 2-2 Williams
Years ranked world number 1: Selby 5-3 Williams

It's clearly pretty close between them.