Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible : Qualifying Round 1 (April 5th ~ 8

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:Xintong makes it 5-5.

From 4-0 down, he now leads 6-5, winning 6 of the last 7 frames.

Impressive from him. MJW will have to play his best to win I feel. Xintong has shown he isn't afraid when the winning line gets nearer.

Postby Vallomas

Hamilton is struggling against Steadman, but I'm not surprised. It was a tricky draw and I was sure that the Sheriff won't be in the same form as he was a few months ago. Still expecting him to win, of course, but it will be a looooong night with the score at 3-4.

Zhao takes a 6-5 lead over MJW and Sydney Wilson is very competitive against Kurt Maflin (6-4).

Postby Wildey

SavoMilosevic wrote:There are so many amateurs in this draw, but MJW and Zhao meet in round 1?!?

17-80 was drawn against 81-144 at random Zhao Xintong is 83

Postby QSM

I was actually worried Luca would lose to Sean O'Sullivan so glad to see he is beating him comprehensively, so far at least. Next round vs Swail is doable as well, Swail has been pretty dire this season (even more so than Luca, takes some doing). If he can overcome that he's likely to face Dale in the Final Q Round. He'd be an underdog in that match, and Dale has a decent record in qualifying these last years me thinks, but its not like it would be undoable. Making the crucible again would be a nice boost after a marmite season.

Postby Tamctus

According to snooker.org the TV matches tomorrow are

Morning/Evening
Perry vs Songsermsawad
Yan vs Mavis

Afternoon
Evans vs Walker
Muir vs Michael White

For once great choices by WS and ES! Exactly the matches I wanted to see most <ok>

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:There is a world of difference between Yan Bingtao and Zhao Xintong

Zhao is 3 years older but yan is far more mature.

Yes, I would agree - from the little I've seen of them both.

As you suggested yesterday, Yan has a tough match against Davis, who trounced him in a recent match. But I can see him running him close.