Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 20th) Last 32 &

Postby Skullman

Iranu wrote:So, Ronnie played decent tonight barring one frame of insanity.

Shaun will surely be better next session but if Ronnie maintains tonight's level he'll retain his lead.

You say that, but he didn't in 2014.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:That's more like it. Good break. :hatoff:

I liked what I saw today. Ronnie was focused and made good breaks most of the match :hatoff:

The 2 frames Ronnie played terrible shouldn't distract from the good performance Ronnie made today.

6-2 very nice start.

Postby Johnny Bravo

In the end it worked out pretty good for Ron.
Would have been better if he went 7-1 up, given how bad Shaun has played, but this lead will have to do.
At least he made another ton. Only 129 to go until he reaches the 1000 tons milestone.
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 20 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LowKey

Johnny Bravo wrote:In the end it worked out pretty good for Ron.
Would have been better if he went 7-1 up, given how bad Shaun has played, but this lead will have to do.

He didn't deserve a 7-1 lead. He would be trailing playing like this against Selby.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:as rubbish as (the opponent) Murphy is. The 41 year old man can still play. At least he can still score well.

You said at the start of the tournament that Ronnie's only chance of winning this year will be by making quick frame winning breaks in one visits and building big leads. So far he delivered on that demand, didn't he?

Postby Chalk McHugh

As much as he tries to hide it Murphy looks and plays like he'e intimidated by Ronnie.

This game,early as it is,is over.Will it serve Ronnie well in the quarter final to have played someone so mentalky weak and submissive?I dont think so but nothing Ronnie can do about that.

Nice evenings entertainment.Taking into account how poor Murohy has been i would give Ronnie a 7/10 for this session.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:as rubbish as (the opponent) Murphy is. The 41 year old man can still play. At least he can still score well.

You said at the start of the tournament that Ronnie's only chance of winning this year will be by making quick frame winning breaks in one visits and building big leads. So far he delivered on that demand, didn't he?

He looks strong (close) in the balls. His one visit game looks fine in other words. So far at least. Thats the most important thing. If he keeps doing that he has at least a chance to win the title.

Still not sure though how he would cope with playing the likes of Selby or similar players who will keep it very tight.

Postby snucar

TheRocket wrote:Still not sure though how he would cope with playing the likes of Selby or similar players who will keep it very tight.

I agree with this. Murphy cannot been taken seriously, the guy has pasta instead of a brain in his head. Shockingly bad performance!

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:Tom's a great player good one Barry

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

He meant grumpy not great

Fancy Dotts chances v Barry ?

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

No, I've gone 13-6 to Barry. I'd love to see him win because i'd back him against Maguire and McLeod

He beat Barry in a big pressure game in 2009, 10-8, where if he'd lost he was out of the top 32
Last edited by Alex0paul on 20 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Cheshire Cat wrote:

"Y'know, 7-2 lead overnight. I pretty much folded him up like a deck chair and put him away in the first session."

Hawkins. You legend. :bowdown:

:hatoff: <laugh>

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

No, I've gone 13-6 to Barry. I'd love to see him win because i'd back him against Maguire and McLeod

He beat Barry in a big pressure game in 2009, 10-8, where if he'd lost he was out of the top 32

You never know Dott is more than capable needs a good start.