Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 21st) Last 16 !!

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:Got a sneaky feeling Liang may well win that match can see it going 13-12 though

Good for Ronnie if Liang wins.

I think hes a big adv over either

Postby Andre147

Great standard as I said in the Ding v Liang match. It has the makings to go all the way. Ding missed a trick there to go 10-6 up, will that prove costly?

On the other match, Kyren finished the job well. Some bottle he has, he can go all the way if he carries on like that.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the latest table following the conclusion of tonight's second round match. The quarter-finals template post will be going up tomorrow as two quarter-final fixtures should be confirmed after tomorrows play. Votesforgoats joins the contest at a late stage.

With few scorers today this contest is gearing up to be a rather tight one.
Lets hope for a close finish - the tenth World Championship contest going right down to Monday night on May 1st would be a nice way to mark this and the Crucible's anniversary

Table after Day 7 17/31 Matches played
106 PINK BALL 14 - 2
104 SUNDAYGIRL 14 - 2
103 VODKADIET 14 - 1
101 CLOUD STRIFE 13 - 3
100 TONYP 13 - 3
100 ERASERHEAD 13 - 3
98 WILDEY 2WC 13 - 2
97 THECLEAVER 14 - 1
97 PLTHEREF 13 - 2
96 GCJDAVID 13 - 1
96 TAMCTUS 13 - 1
96 SAS6789 13 - 0
95 SKULLMAN 13 - 1
95 SNOOKERFAN 13 - 1
92 ANDRE147 13 - 0
90 SCOTTCORNO 13 - 1
87 SLOWJOE 12 - 1
85 STEVEJJ 11 - 3
84 OONEBSOO 12 - 1
80 ALEX0PAUL 11 - 1
79 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 10 - 2
78 SAVOMILOSEVIC 11 - 1
77 NICE_SHOES_KEN 10 - 3
77 GJ 10 - 3
70 KOLOMPAR 10 - 1
60 AIMLESSWANDEER 8 - 1
0 VOTESFORGOATS 0 - 0

Obviously with only one match to be completed, the only scorers were people who predicted a Wilson victory and there were only few. Vodkadiet was the only one to go 13-10 Wilson although we saw a few 13-11's. No prediction was received from Tamctus hence his X.

Friday's table
11 VODKADIET
9 CLOUD STRIFE
9 SKULLMAN
9 SNOOKERFAN
9 GJ
9 PLTHEREF
9 SLOWJOE
9 SCOTTCORNO
7 STEVEJJ
0 ALEX0PAUL
0 GCJDAVID
0 OONEBSOO
0 BADSNOOKERPLAYER
0 KOLOMPAR
0 SAS6789
0 PINK BALL
0 NICE_SHOES_KEN
0 TONYP
0 ERASERHEAD
0 ANDRE147
0 SUNDAYGIRL
0 WILDEY 2WC
0 THECLEAVER
0 SAVOMILOSEVIC
0 AIMLESSWANDEER
0 VOTESFORGOATS
X TAMCTUS

A note regarding predictions

I saw a post earlier on asking if someone was able to change their predicted score for one of the second round fixtures. The response to this,
and to other similar queries is that one a prediction has been submitted then that's it. The reason behind this rule is that changing up to 200 predictions can become a headache as well as it possibly being done against the spirit of the contests rules [not suggesting that was the motive behind this request] - e.g. we've had leaders request changes to directly mirror their nearest challengers making it impossible to be overhauled

The only times a change will be allowed is in the following circumstances:

A) - someone sends in a template without making a prediction e.g. someone submits a second round template with a 13-13 scoreline (and puts down the prediction - assuming the match hasn't started).

or

B) a player predicts a match which becomes obselete e.g. a number of predictions on Wednesday night predicted Marco Fu v Neil Robertson but not Fu v Saengkham (though the latter was still in the tournament technically) - had Noppon managed an amazing recovery and won from 8-1 behind then a number of people would have been allowed to make changes [although some might say then its tough on them if they predicted on a match which was to not take place]

Hope that clears that one up.

Postby TheSaviour

vodkadiet wrote:I still cannot believe I went for Murphy to beat O'Sullivan!

It can still very well turn around. Murphy is better and more lethal among the balls. Shaun must be kicking himself after he squandered a crucial green in the last frame of the day which allowed O’Sullivan to clear. It would had been 7-9 and completely game on. The game is still on, Shaun just needs to win the first frame of the day now. And after that a full fight. Like I pointed out earlier that´s what he should try to do. No trying to dictate the match or having any hopes how good match it possibly could be. Just a full battle, and after the match just see what the result was. But that kind of high drama at the Crucible Theatre was not a must by any means.

Stuart Bingham is an other player kicking himself now. When he was trailing just 9-10 he should had won the next frame. Or he shoud had won the next frame when he trailing just 4-5. Surely he would had then really fancied his chances. Stuart was a third seed his current ranking is 3. What a wasted chance. A player ranked 3 should be at least a quarter-finalists. He almost made it, but not quite. Stuart had a good win over Peter Ebdon but Kyren was just too much. That´s the way it is with almost any sport; a higher ranked players or teams with a spot on-techniques just makes it happen. Everyone knows that. It works especially here when players have time to settle. Races to 10, races to 13, races to 16, a race to 17 does the trick. Now everyone seems to be thinking Kyren is some kind of a new star. He isn´t a new star. He was last year´s quarter-finalist, just got beat by then rampant Mark Selby. During then I predicted he would be a man to beat, the best player in Sheffield 2017. And he holds a record of six consecutive centuries in a snooker match, four of which were scored by him. He certainly requires some beating. But someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan can perhaps still work it out. Not among the balls but via shot to nothings, safety-battles, gamemanships and so.

So now it "should" be a "wind of change".. :no: :no: But it doesn´t matter any what I personally think about it. Everyone seems to thinking Kyren is one the new Kings now. So I don´t have any other option than to say that´s the way it is. But my advantage is that if he here gets comprehensively beat I can still call it off. Because I never really thought that. What many other fans seems to be thinking now. I just made an odd prediction based on what I have saw from Kyren. Not making any further statements. Many other fans probably don´t have that option (to call if off). They are absolutely sure the the change has now happened. So they will have keep on supporting him. It doesn´t make any difference what I write now, or will write then when he perhaps gets comprehensively beat. I just have to get on with it. As per usual.

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
GJ wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I think Jimmy White is an awful pundit.Looks bored out of his mind half the time.

Agree I find him dull its as if he doesn't want to be there , felt the same when he did it on bbc years ago.

He doesn't offer much insight,either.I guess he was the "peoples champion" back in the day so Eurosport want a big name in the studio.I'd rather a lesser name with more life,knowledge and enthusiasm for the job.

Fully agree , For me out of all the commentators 1 name stands out Fouldsy hes the best by far and he was never a huge name in snooker.

Neal Foulds was World no 3 and touted as Steve Davis biggest Challenge for supremacy but because of medical reasons it was not to be

Yes, I remember Neal Foulds from Junior Pot Black (early 80s). When he turned pro', qualified for the Crucible in his debut season (83/84) & beat Alex Higgins when he got there, huge things were expected.

I knew that he was a Ranking Event winner, twice a Ranking event runner-up, & World semi-finalist; what I didn't realise is they were all in the same season (86/87) which elevated him to no.3 in the world. Sadly, that was as good as it got, & as he got embroiled in the beta-blockers controversy (in a nutshell : tablets which slowed the heart-rate, ideal for those who suffered from anxiety &/or panic attacks. A lot of players took them until they were banned in the late 80s), his game fell apart & he tumbled down the rankings as quickly as he had risen. What surprised me, looking at Cuetracker, was that he continued as a pro' well into the new millennium, I assumed he'd retired in the mid 90s, but apart from the odd decent result, could never string consistent performances together again.