Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby eraserhead

Robertson takes it and that's his twelfth ranking title.

Was a bit of a slog this final, but well done Neil. :win:

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Where is Wild, man?

He used to tourist off people who weren't watching tournaments like this.

seems poolboy has taken up that role.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Mr. Eraser, sir.

Will you be online for the World Open?

Depends when it is, I try to always watch the final at least if I can't see much of the tournament.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:in all honesty, this tournament was a farce for a full ranking event.

in the grand scheme of things these days this is one of the most prestigious events on the tour

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Where is Wild, man?

He used to tourist off people who weren't watching tournaments like this.

on holiday

Postby hendry_fan

A verrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to Darren for gettin as far as the semis.

I wonder what another old welsh fogey by the name of Wildey thinks of Darrens performance in this tourney. :chin:

Me thinks he won,t be chuffed,Wlidey does,nt like that dinosaurs like Darren are still able to win some matches theeeeeeeeeese dayyyyyyys,but him being Welsh,Wildey might be chuffed for him after all. :-D

Congrats to Robbo for winning this and not crumbling for once :-D

Crackin start to the season for the Aussie punk. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Darren highlighted the shortcomings in the standards of current pros

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Darren highlighted the shortcomings in the standards of current pros

A briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiant analysis there from our Wildey. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
:gramp: grandpa Darren has just beaten Guodong and now faces Robbo in the semis.

It,ll now be game over for the Welsh oldie though,no way he,ll beat Robbo,or will he,it won,t be the first time that the Aussie yobbo has crumbled in his carreer and lost to an underdog. ;-) :-D

C'mon Dazza!!! Do a Mountjoy!!!

Hello HF! I've missed Snooker island :wave:

Hallo Dc.

Yep,always fun to read the comments and comment here at Snooker Island. :-)

Would,nt surprise me if we saw Doug start to compete again neither,Reardon should make a comeback too. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:in all honesty, this tournament was a farce for a full ranking event.

in the grand scheme of things these days this is one of the most prestigious events on the tour

rofl

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:Darren highlighted the shortcomings in the standards of current pros

No he doesn't. He highlights the shortcomings of the format and technical specs of the table. They work fine with other levels of snooker, but at the vey top level the competitiveness is compromised by constant large breaks.

It's like a tennis game where players constantly rain down aces on each other.

Postby SnookerFan

Some may criticise this format as not a proper full ranking win. You could also say that about his 2010 World Open win, to be fair. That had a marmite format.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:

No he doesn't. He highlights the shortcomings of the format and technical specs of the table. They work fine with other levels of snooker, but at the vey top level the competitiveness is compromised by constant large breaks.

It's like a tennis game where players constantly rain down aces on each other.

Tables is the same for both players. So that argument is worth rubbish