Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:No love for the Riga Masters? Or is it just because it isn't live.

ES International shows it live, don't know about British ES.

It's Summer time mate, most of us have other intersting things in mind, namely beach!!! :atsea: :sun: :wine: :dive: :swin:

Having said that, I did watch bits of it. This isn't any diferent from the now defunct PTC event, how this is now a ranking tournament with Best of 7 format I'll never know, but that's Hearn's regime I suppose.

I miss the good old Best of 9s rankers, with Best of 11 Semis and/or Best of 17/19 Finals.

Postby Gridlock

I watched Marco lose....Selby lose..my oh my...what a day off I had. Good thing for bourbon! Dott and Higgins for the Scots Hendry_fan!

Postby Andre147

I see the Final of this is Best of 9 :roll:

Still, just a minor difference to the usual PTC.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No love for the Riga Masters? Or is it just because it isn't live.

ES International shows it live, don't know about British ES.

It's Summer time mate, most of us have other intersting things in mind, namely beach!!! :atsea: :sun: :wine: :dive: :swin:

Having said that, I did watch bits of it. This isn't any diferent from the now defunct PTC event, how this is now a ranking tournament with Best of 7 format I'll never know, but that's Hearn's regime I suppose.

I miss the good old Best of 9s rankers, with Best of 11 Semis and/or Best of 17/19 Finals.

Whenever we went on a family outing to the beach, I used to spend all day in the arcade. Everybody else would be in the sea. rofl Besides, the UK doesn't have beach weather. We had a thunder storm last night.

Yes, I miss Old School Ranking events too.

Yes, I was watching on Eurosport 2 in the UK. It was non-live highlights. It was delayed due to the tennis coverage.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I see the Final of this is Best of 9 :roll:

Still, just a minor difference to the usual PTC.

Another excellent ranker from the man who brought you the Snooker Shootout. <doh>

Postby PoolBoy

Darren Morgan beating Zhao Xintong 4-1 has to be a huge shock! Darren Morgan is 50 now and I think this is his first Last-16 Ranking event for 18 years!

Postby SnookerEd25

PoolBoy wrote:Darren Morgan beating Zhao Xintong 4-1 has to be a huge shock! Darren Morgan is 50 now and I think this is his first Last-16 Ranking event for 18 years!

Yep, and now he plays Ken-do; i tried to work out their combined age, but ran out of fingers and toes... :dizzy:

Postby Sickpotter

Morgan is from an era where winning 4 frames would never get you into a ranking event last 16 position.

Crap short format simply provides opportunity for the less consistent players to make latter stages. All the older players still have game, they just lose consistency.

Ranking events should never be less than best of 9s in early stages.

I'd like to see the bare minimum for ranking finals as best of 19.

Postby snooky147

A careless miss on the red he needed to beat higgins cost him the match. Watching it though I felt that Graeme came out of that match well and he should take confidence from the way he played.

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:I watched Marco lose....Selby lose..my oh my...what a day off I had. Good thing for bourbon! Dott and Higgins for the Scots Hendry_fan!

Higgins v Dott was decided on the last black . :dizzy:

Doherty v Lisowski was also decided on the last black. :-D

Dinosaur Darren Morgan beats young gun Xintong. :bowdown: :clap:

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:carte back to his choking self

come MJW win this tournament. it is a full ranker.

"Choking self". :chin: :shock:

I dunno bout "his choking self" bit,but it seemed he "choked" in this match against MJW,he went 2-0 up,only to then lose 4 on the spin. :dizzy: :-D

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:judd will never be a man always will be the boy in snooker

cant beat higgins to save his life

<laugh> <laugh>

Old fogey Darren beats old fogey Ken. :happy: <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

So, Eurosport advertised this on their schedules at 8:30. I turn on 20 minutes early, and it's already on.

Why so they even bother to announce schedule?

Postby SnookerFan

Got Mark Williams and Ali Carter in. Frame 4.

Joke that I've had to miss three frames because Eurosport chooses to bum tennis instead.

Postby SnookerFan

When is the next proper Snooker on? Is it the World Open? Hopefully Eurosport will have more respect for that tournament.

I legitimately don't think they want people to watch this.